We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Happy to finally join

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
AestheticGamer

Happy to finally join

Postby AestheticGamer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 pm

I had my eye on the project since sometime last year when it came to my attention. I bought Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 in 2012 as I never had a PS2, but always had been immensely interested in these games (and was gifted a PS2 in 2012). While my copies won't work with this (American versions of the game), I am very excited to be able to play these online. I only had previously once at a friends house several years ago.

Tremendously impressed and very excited to try it when I get home.

the_fog

Re: Happy to finally join

Postby the_fog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Welcome to the board;)

Please have in mind that you need the NTSC-J versions. NTSC-U or PAL don't work unfortunately.

AestheticGamer

Postby AestheticGamer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Welcome to the board;)

Please have in mind that you need the NTSC-J versions. NTSC-U or PAL don't work unfortunately.
I am aware, but have some spare money and I know where I can get some Japanese copies in the near future. Japanese versions of all the Resident Evils were available from a shop that were open at two previous PAX events (one Prime, one East). I didn't pick it up then, though of course now wish I had. I'm currently in California with family for holidays and going to a mall in a short bit which has a game specialty store that has foreign games though so going to take a peak in today with crossed fingers as years ago I did buy the Japanese version of REmake from there. If all else fails, always online. It's not too expensive yet, searching it up right now you can knab a new copy for $100 or so and a used copy for $20-40 (for Outbreak 2 at least), but I suspect with this it might get more expensive in the near future.

Thank you so much for doing this, always have heard great things about the online from this game and the one time I tried it I really enjoyed it. I actually had been holding out playing my copies of Outbreak until online was available, but as a collector I don't mind going out of my way to find the Japanese versions of the game. Incentive, anyways.

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 pm

I musta have gotten lucky, but I got a brand new copy of File1 for 13 dollars with free shipping, and File 2 for 15 with free shipping from Japan. On ebay, and NTSC-J versions of course. Keep looking and you can find a good deal :)

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:46 am

I bought used games and imported them from Japan. They are like new and didn't cost much. The gameguides costed a multiple :)

Return to “Introduction”