We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Gameplay Rules (Updated 12/8/13)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
TrueLolzor

Re: Gameplay Rules

Postby TrueLolzor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 am

I have a question - what will prevent a banned player from creating new account?

tool8

Postby tool8 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:25 am

I think IP ban is the solution then...
5x FAT PS2 with Network Adapter, FMCB+OPL
Outbreak #2 JAP with patch on HDD

TrueLolzor

Postby TrueLolzor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 am

I have a dynamic IP, as an example.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:21 pm

A ban is possible for a particular handle, a whole userid, a single IP and an IP range. This can cover single areas, a single game (only one atm: File#2) or the whole server.

We are aware that this won't prevent people from creating a new ID and continue their evil work. Sadly there's not much we can do against it. Let's just hope that there are always enough "normal" players on the server.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Finally, show some restraint. There's no reason for you to throw a tantrum here.
I am sorry that I don't support this community turning into a hugbox where someone could get banned over a person's feelings getting hurt.

Also tantrum? I am not allowed to voice my concerns on the complaints forum, how ironic.

And also just so you know, have you wondered why I am the only one with this "radical" opinion about the bad idea of having a heavily moderated server on a game that worked perfectly fine without it back when it launched?
There's a country mile between respectfully expressing your disagreement and deciding to preface your rant with "Are you fucking kidding." If we ask that you don't speak in an aggressive, disrespectful manner, that is not prohibiting you from voicing your opinion. Don't tell me you don't see the difference between "I disagree with your policy for the following reasons..." and "Where do you get the right?!?!1111"

I haven't wondered anything. I understand that not everyone will be pleased, but at the same time, there's plenty of leeway for players to adopt their own gaming styles. Nobody's going to get banned for trivial issues.

Hunk_4TH

Postby Hunk_4TH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Imo people just complain about anything and everything. You can't please everyone. I'm perfectly fine with the rules. Be happy we can even play this online again dude.

Leny

Postby Leny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:16 am

A ban is possible for a particular handle, a whole userid, a single IP and an IP range. This can cover single areas, a single game (only one atm: File#2) or the whole server.

We are aware that this won't prevent people from creating a new ID and continue their evil work. Sadly there's not much we can do against it. Let's just hope that there are always enough "normal" players on the server.
Can I get my account back? I promise I won't do anything bad again. I got peer pressured to do all the bad things on the server. Fog, please I was a good tester up until bad things happend...

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 am

It's kind of silly to even have rules. I might be remembering wrong but isnt it ways to block people in the game? If you come across an asshole just block and dont ever play with him or her again......
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

VirusPunk

Postby VirusPunk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:25 am

It's kind of silly to even have rules. I might be remembering wrong but isnt it ways to block people in the game? If you come across an asshole just block and dont ever play with him or her again......
Right, so people should be allowed to get away with TK'ing and hacking on the ranks? That's why the original US servers were so screwed up..

Also Keith, how were the original servers fine with no moderation? It made it impossible for legit players to get on the ranks or find a normal game to play on since Capcom does not care about cheaters and TKers, and never did.

I'm glad we have these rules and idiots are being banned. Good riddance and good work Fog & Isles!

Keith_Fozmire

Postby Keith_Fozmire » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:55 am

Also Keith, how were the original servers fine with no moderation? It made it impossible for legit players to get on the ranks or find a normal game to play on since Capcom does not care about cheaters and TKers, and never did.

I'm glad we have these rules and idiots are being banned. Good riddance and good work Fog & Isles!
I honestly have no memory of playing with hackers even though all you really had to do was load a gameshark to hack in Resident Evil Outbreak, I never checked the leader board because honestly they don't matter, and I also was never stupid enough to join a Friendly Fire game not expecting to get shot. I can understand you agreeing with Fog & Isles decision, but c'mon no one likes a suck up.

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 am

Right, so people should be allowed to get away with TK'ing and hacking on the ranks? That's why the original US servers were so screwed up..

As someone who played the original servers over 700 hours I'll say tking was a rarity and if you were known in the very small community for doing it you were blacklisted. Yeah people would just make different names and stuff but it was barely ever an issue at all in my hundreds of hours of playing. Hacking, I'm thinking back and I can't honestly recall an instance of seeing that in a game, not to say I didn't run into it. I could have but it must've been so little I can't even recall it. The leaderboards probalbly were to some extent but they were reset like every 30 days or something and not that many people even paid attention.

Frankly I'm glad this is in place. Might keep some of the bastards who try to ruin this game in line or kicked out forever because they themselves are very sad pathetic people who need to take out their misery on others. I feel Fog and them will do fine with this. Just my 2 cents.

Leny

Postby Leny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:46 am

Did you just call me an idiot? I never had anything against you or anyone whom i tked.. Like I said I got peer pressured to do it.

Leny

Postby Leny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 am

Also remember that time when I post that I got tked on outbreak. But luckily I managed to get out alive... I din't got tked once but twice! Was something done when this happend to me? NO!!! This is not fair this is happening to me. I got bullied first.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:17 am

Did you just call me an idiot? I never had anything against you or anyone whom i tked.. Like I said I got peer pressured to do it.
Image Leny, I don't see your name here in Virus Punk's post... So I don't know why you would respond in such a manner.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:42 am

Maybe some effort should be put into this, instead of banning someone for using too many heals etc.
GOD FORBID SOMEONE MAKES TEAMWORK A NECESSARY AND INTEGRAL PART OF A GAME. *SARCASM*

These rules are in place to allow for a BETTER experience, why the hell would you want some jackass on your team fucking everything up for the rest of you?

Return to “Introduction”