We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/18/19)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Menacing Nemesis

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Menacing Nemesis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:23 am

Hey I was thinking instead of messing around with the ntsc and pal versions why not just translate the Japanese text to English? Seems like it would be easier.

TrueLolzor

Postby TrueLolzor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 am

You don't say.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 am

Hey I was thinking instead of messing around with the ntsc and pal versions why not just translate the Japanese text to English? Seems like it would be easier.
Yes, it is easier. And it has been done: http://resouttrans.blogspot.com
Personally I prefer the usage of unaltered discs because huge patches can have undesired side effects like crashes or incompatabilities. Also modifiying the disc is legally questionable. That's why I will continue my work on the other versions. Our server works without any modifications to the discs!

Menacing Nemesis

Postby Menacing Nemesis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Gotcha.

Oddler

Postby Oddler » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:39 am

I have an NTSC PS2 and copy of this game. I don't mind buying the JP Disc of File 2 but buying an entire PS2 just to play this game seems a bit of a stretch to me...I've probably played the games for 500 hours each back when it was Online...so I personally don't feel super motivated or excited to play online like a newer player that missed the experience back in the day did...which leads me to asking if there's a way to get my fat PS2 to emulate it being a JP PS2 without any problems, glitches or errors that anyone may know of? I'm not sure how any of this hacking stuff works. Is there any Youtube tutorials on this?

(Also, the last couple of posts are interesting about translating the JP text on the JP games into English text...since those games had voice acting ad-libs it would be the god tier version of playing the game again.)

refan988

Postby refan988 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 am

Is it a slim of fat ps2? Either way the best method to play a japanese game on an american console is with swap magic. If you have a fat ps2 you can hook up any ide hard drive to the network adapter and install the game to it.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 am

Is it a slim of fat ps2? Either way the best method to play a japanese game on an american console is with swap magic. If you have a fat ps2 you can hook up any ide hard drive to the network adapter and install the game to it.
Actually the est way is with the HDD OSD exploit as all you need to buy extra are IDE to USB cables which are dirt cheap.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm

I have an NTSC PS2 and copy of this game. I don't mind buying the JP Disc of File 2 but buying an entire PS2 just to play this game seems a bit of a stretch to me...I've probably played the games for 500 hours each back when it was Online...so I personally don't feel super motivated or excited to play online like a newer player that missed the experience back in the day did...which leads me to asking if there's a way to get my fat PS2 to emulate it being a JP PS2 without any problems, glitches or errors that anyone may know of? I'm not sure how any of this hacking stuff works. Is there any Youtube tutorials on this?

(Also, the last couple of posts are interesting about translating the JP text on the JP games into English text...since those games had voice acting ad-libs it would be the god tier version of playing the game again.)
Very understandable concern. You can modify your PS2 in order to play NTSC/J games. Fat or slim?

Oddler

Postby Oddler » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks for the replies. I have a fat oldschool PS2 to answer your questions. I've never heard of an "IDE Cable". Do you have a link to one on amazon or anywhere I can take a look at? I don't wanna purchase the wrong one if it's not too much to ask for :x

How would I go about doing this HDD OSD exploit afterwards. Thanks

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have a fat oldschool PS2 to answer your questions. I've never heard of an "IDE Cable". Do you have a link to one on amazon or anywhere I can take a look at? I don't wanna purchase the wrong one if it's not too much to ask for :x

You need the IDE cable to format your new hard drive , by dumping certain files + your copy of the game from your PC's hard drive to your new hard drive for your ps2, if that is not an option there is also a method using ftp to format your HD but i've never done it that way myself.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Alright, I assume you already have an HDD and network adapter. So here's the guide I followed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVMmTGbmtk

Oreo

Postby Oreo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Not sure if it matters but FAQ still says the server is in closed beta . x.
HN: Oreo ID: 8XDB0M
HN: Redfield ID: Claire

Isles487

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/8/13)

Postby Isles487 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Updated on 12/8/13

Isles487

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/26/13)

Postby Isles487 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Post-Christmas update to reflect that the server supports File 1 and that different game modes are available for File 2.

TrueLolzor

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/26/13)

Postby TrueLolzor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:44 pm

Original post is ill-structured and hard to read. Try putting questions in the bold or ALL CAPITALS or BOTH. Also, skip one line between the question and the answer and two lines after the answer and before the next question - it will make it easier to differentiate between question and the answers.

UPD: Ok, so bold does not works here. Then just ALL CAPITAL will do.

Return to “Introduction”