We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/18/19)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
nicefunfungirl

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/5/14)

Postby nicefunfungirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:55 am

Unfortunately no, as far as my knowledge goes, the japanese version of the game and a japanese ps2 are needed in order to play through the server, either that or emulator. You could also buy swap magic for your current ps2, this is a method to trick the ps2 into reading japanese games and having you play them, but you do need the game itself, that is a definite requirement.
you dont need a Japanese PS2,Its just that you'll need a swap magic or modified ps2.
[img]imgur.com/pTfRpF3[/img]

re4leon

Postby re4leon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:04 am

huh? yea thats what I said in the bottom :)

nicefunfungirl

Postby nicefunfungirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:08 am

huh? yea thats what I said in the bottom :)
Oh. xD Im gonna try to use console to play the game,but im afraid its too much to handle. I had Japanese discs but they broke. But i was lucky enough to make a backup copy on my PC. so i rar'ed them just incase. Of a possible intentional side effect. :rolleyes:
[img]imgur.com/pTfRpF3[/img]

gizmo1992

Postby gizmo1992 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 pm

can anyone give me some information about this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Biohazard-Outbr ... d+outbreak

ObsCureNight

Postby ObsCureNight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm

I play REO from my PAL PS2. install Free McBoot. takes 5 minutes if you put the correct files in the correct places. There is a Youtube video for that. Buy the JP disc's and then create an ios? iso? Burn an image of it and burn it to a 4.7gb dvd-r. and your done.

Plus I doubt you can even find Swap magic anymore. I certainly can't.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:04 pm

I play REO from my PAL PS2. install Free McBoot. takes 5 minutes if you put the correct files in the correct places. There is a Youtube video for that. Buy the JP disc's and then create an ios? iso? Burn an image of it and burn it to a 4.7gb dvd-r. and your done.

Plus I doubt you can even find Swap magic anymore. I certainly can't.
The only Swap Magic I have successfully found and bought is NTSC-U. I can't seem to find the PAL or NTSC-J one anymore. It will become harder to find especially since they don't make Swap Magic anymore.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

StickBreitling

Postby StickBreitling » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm

US HDD's do not work with JP consoles. My life is shit.
So I'm using my US console w/HDD and playing the game with Swap Magic instead. I'll try and log on Friday night.
THERE'S NO TIME. (DarksideHazuki84) (Gabe LOGAN) (WINBACK)

re4leon

Postby re4leon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:54 pm

So I'm using my US console w/HDD and playing the game with Swap Magic instead. I'll try and log on Friday night.
Hey man, just wanted to let you know though that even if you got the game to work on an American ps2 you'd still need to patch the dnas or else unfortunately you'd still won't have access to the server.

StickBreitling

Postby StickBreitling » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:59 am

Hey man, just wanted to let you know though that even if you got the game to work on an American ps2 you'd still need to patch the dnas or else unfortunately you'd still won't have access to the server.
You're right; I just had this problem. I'm on my US fat PS2 and I can't pass DNAS.
If you have a "fat" model PS2, you will also need a broadband adapter. Bear in mind that you will need to pass the DNAS check. You can search for ways to bypass the DNAS check, but we will not discuss that here.
^I'm guessing this is a pain in the ass. There goes my HDD option. Any other advice?

So, plan B: I tried logging on with my Japanese slim PS2. I got past the DNAs check, but now I can't log in; it keeps telling me "your login/password combination is wrong."
I can't log in! I'm entering my username and password details exactly as they are on the forum.
Make sure that your router or modem is not altering packets. You may be behind a proxy or a part of some other configuration that does not pass packets through unaltered. Try connecting your device directly to the internet and bypass your router.
What the hell is this.
Well, I'm at a friend's house and I have a cable going from his router to my PS2. It's not practical for me to connect his internet directly to my PS2, so I'm out of ideas to keep his router from "altering packets". I'm searching the net now for some straight-forward advice.
THERE'S NO TIME. (DarksideHazuki84) (Gabe LOGAN) (WINBACK)

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

'' Nor is there an excuse not to purchase a legitimate copy.'' Is kinda silly. Imo if i have already have a legit copy of the game (pal) I dont think it should have to buy it again to enjoy the game fully. + Capcom isnt reciving any money anymore from this game so they couldnt care less if we got it illegally or not. Just my opinion though.
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm

'' Nor is there an excuse not to purchase a legitimate copy.'' Is kinda silly. Imo if i have already have a legit copy of the game (pal) I dont think it should have to buy it again to enjoy the game fully. + Capcom isnt reciving any money anymore from this game so they couldnt care less if we got it illegally or not. Just my opinion though.
Since we're trying to avoid attracting unnecessary attention from Capcom, whether they are making money off of any copies of Outbreak is besides the point. People need to understand that we cannot endorse any kind of piracy here- whether you have a philosophical disagreement or not.

FPS_Sam

Postby FPS_Sam » Sun May 04, 2014 4:05 pm

im looking for the game right now, but this still working ? thats really impresive, all my life i ever wanted play RE outbreak online

bifem

Postby bifem » Sun May 04, 2014 7:21 pm

yes this is sill working and people are playing right now even as i type this.

HUNK USS

Postby HUNK USS » Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 pm

All right,i don't know whom i should write to
When I set settings in the game by itself,typing in IP/etc. it goes up 100% but then Now Loading and a blue window,without IP there is a window *Japanese* DHCP PS2 *Japanese*.So,does anybody have a solution?

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Fri May 30, 2014 10:25 am

The FAQ has been moved to the wiki.

Return to “Introduction”