We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Greetings from Poland!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
JacekS

Greetings from Poland!

Postby JacekS » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board. Any Poles in da house? :)

Anyway, been playing offline for over a year now and looking forward to finally go online, so now I want to prove myself and play with others from all over the world.

See ya on the server!

hill73n

Re: Greetings from Poland!

Postby hill73n » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:52 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board. Any Poles in da house? :)

Anyway, been playing offline for over a year now and looking forward to finally go online, so now I want to prove myself and play with others from all over the world.

See ya on the server!
Welcome to the OB family :).

Online play is different from offline play. You can get slowdown due to lag and this makes it easier to get hit. Sometimes it can seem like enemies are teleporting around and you get hit without seeing anything coming towards you, which adds to the challenge! :)) . Some item locations are different. Also learning to work together with other players requires some practice ;).

See you around :).

JacekS

Postby JacekS » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:54 pm

You can get slowdown due to lag and this makes it easier to get hit. Sometimes it can seem like enemies are teleporting around and you get hit without seeing anything coming towards you, which adds to the challenge! :))
Does the Internet connection speed matter? My bandwidth is 60 Mb/s.
Some item locations are different.
That I didn't know about. :o Seems like I have to learn the item locations again. :rolleyes:
Also learning to work together with other players requires some practice ;).
By the way, is there any particular messaging app that is universally used among the players as a means of communication during the game?
Last edited by JacekS on Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Does the Internet connection speed matter? My bandwith is 60 Mb/s.
I presume that is fine...
That I didn't know about. :o Seems like I have to learn the item locations again. :rolleyes:
Just a few differences...mostly with the key items.
By the way, is there any particular messaging app that is universally used among the players as a means of communication during the game?
No universally used App, just use the chatbox that is at the bottom of OBSRV.ORG main page or click "Chat" in top menu. You can arrange to use other Apps like Discord etc when you chat/play with other players. Can use the before/after game lobbies to chat with players too ;).

JacekS

Postby JacekS » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:05 pm

You can arrange to use other Apps like Discord etc when you chat/play with other players.
I was actually thinking about something like Discord, particularly since I have a headet that I could use instead of the Ad-lib system, the latter of which, in my opinion, was one of the biggest reasons why this game failed so much back in the day.

golibroda

Postby golibroda » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:09 am

EEEE jacuś dawaj gramy coś niedługo.
dodaj mnie na steam najlepiej:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/GoliBroda

JacekS

Postby JacekS » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 am

EEEE jacuś dawaj gramy coś niedługo.
dodaj mnie na steam najlepiej:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/GoliBroda
Cześć. Widziałem założony przez Ciebie temat i domyśliłem się po Twoim nicku, że jesteś z Polski. :-P

Nie mam konta na Steamie, ale za to założyłem sobie konto na Discord, więc w razie czego możemy się tam porozumiewać w trakcie rozgrywek. Mój Discord tag to JacekS #0469

Jakby co to na razie jestem obcykany tylko i wyłącznie w File#1.

golibroda

Postby golibroda » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:33 pm

Nie mam konta na Steamie, ale za to założyłem sobie konto na Discord, więc w razie czego możemy się tam porozumiewać w trakcie rozgrywek. Mój Discord tag to JacekS #0469

Jakby co to na razie jestem obcykany tylko i wyłącznie w File#1.
Chyba Cię dodałem, nie jestem pewien, usunąłem spacje z tego co wysłałeś.

i ja to outbreaka przeszedłem na ps2 kiedyś, i tyle co tu wczoraj z ludźmi pograłem, nie pamiętam tych późniejszych etapów zbytnio ale myślę że damy radę. Pisz jak będziesz

Return to “Introduction”