We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Might as well make an introduction...

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
J9_2R

Might as well make an introduction...

Postby J9_2R » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 pm

(Updated my intro to be something more convenient for others)

So I'll just narrow things down, since nobody wants to read this long dialogue of who I am, what I do, and why I'm here.

1) I've been a player of the Resident Evil franchise since as early as N64. Of course, this doesn't mention the fact that I have also played the bootleg NES version (which is a re-creation of RE1 in the style of RE:Gaiden), as well as the official, but unreleased version of RE1 re-created for Gameboy Color. I've also managed to play some of the mobile java versions (ya know, back on the old days of flip phones), as well as some fan-made remakes and homebrews. However, I have avoided playing ANY of the RE games on newer consoles that I could not afford, as well as the ones that no longer are RE to begin with (such as Resident Evil 4, which plays nothing like the classics, and doesn't even involve zombies anymore, but instead, I'm guess some other kind of voodoo or hypnotism or some other BS. I don't know, I just know the entire storyline of RE4 is valueless). But I have managed to also play the REmake for Gamecube, which was quite a respectable version of RE, even if it doesn't maintain the tanky controls that I'm used to.

2) I'm someone that works on music for a living, and while none of my music has been officially licensed, or has even been credited to me (mainly because I don't want to be credited for the stuff I do, it's all in good charitable behavior, not for fame or fortune). You can check out some of the stuff I do or people I have worked for RECENTLY on my Twitch page >>>https://www.twitch.tv/j9_2r

3) I'm also what a lot of people would call a weeb/otaku or nerd, or whatever those other terms and lingo are these days. I'm just a guy that likes his anime from time to time (but not so much anymore), enjoys his classic games from the 90s and older, and appreciates solid teamwork.

Other than that, I'm kind of just a really laid-back, but more or less, dull individual in this world. Outside of the internet, I don't really associate myself with other people. I just attend my job, take care of what needs to be taken care of (bills, groceries, etc). So yeah, not too much to say about myself. Sorry to anyone that has to team up with me, I haven't played this in over 10 years, and it's probably going to take me many years to adjust to how I used to play. Truth be told, I think I played Yoko most of the time and was more or less just the healer/storage. But lately I've been quite fond of playing Billy (Kevin-Type), although I'm absolutely terrible at it.

One more thing, I'm not concerned with winning online or winning in general, when it comes to playing Outbreak, there are only 2 things I strive for:

1) Everyone on my team survives
2) I survive

That's all that matters when I play, I don't care about medals, I don't care about points, I care about the team and nothing else. But sadly, I have had to deal with people that... well... I would rather not team up with ever again. Nothing personal against those of you, but if your motive for playing is to be the best player, then clearly you shouldn't be playing. I respect people that are good at what they do, but between you and me, I'd rather die for my team, than live for my ego.
Last edited by J9_2R on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Others: 100%

Dannnny

Re: Might as well make an introduction...

Postby Dannnny » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm

Welcome.

Another man after my own heart, I am glad to hear it.

I personally have hated re since re 4 and have lost interest. The only games I briefly played past 4 because they were related to the original games were the 2 wii chronicles. For me the last true imo decent old style re game was file 2, nothing since has interested me. It is a shame that file 3 never saw completion.

I too prefer my tanky controls, pixels and pixelated/low-poly graphics. It is a good thing we can still play these wonderful games now eh.
This is also why this site is a god send, being able to play the last good re game on line is fantastic.

The best thing to do in Outbreak is learn how to dodge effectively and use melee weapons. David has a knife combo which if done properly can cause you to kill a zombie and not take any damage, Mark can charge up and attack x10 with a melee weapon, as well as block most attacks.
Jim can do some serious damage with melee weapons, if you can flip a heads on his coin a dozen times his attack power increases substantially.
This are just a few examples. The more you play the more you will get better at it. :)

Return to “Introduction”