We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

I just found out about this.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
mrpup

I just found out about this.

Postby mrpup » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:19 am

I have been wanting to play this game for so long. I got the game way back, about 2 years after the servers went down and only played it in single player. Today after having fun again I wanted to see if servers was made by fans an learnt it has since 2013.

I am pissed I spent 4 years missing out on this experience I always wanted to play.

I want to start trying it sometime later today, any tips for a total multiplayer noob of the game?

Silver Gray

Re: I just found out about this.

Postby Silver Gray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 am

Welcome mrpup. Just be at your best and you'll do just fine.

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:43 pm

There are some forum posts players made about some common newbie mistakes and how to avoid them. I don't have the links saved because I'm already well versed with them but you can ask the chatbox on the homepage for them. For starter ask for the link to the Yoko and Cindy tip page KuriKurisataru made (more like a complaint page lololol :)) ).

Anyway, a quick tip: If you're playing Desperate Times, avoid making the item spots on the ground disappear by putting them into an empty inventory slot. Always replace them with another item you have. You need the spots for the siege and others will be very miffed if more than one spot disappear (less if you take away a spot right at the front gate cuz the team spawns there). This also applies to Wild Things and the items at the plaza before the boss fight. You need them so you can haul the medals back and forth to the racoon statue.

Also on Desperate Times: If theres two stacks of Handgun Ammo at the front of the police station, don't combine them. There's a reason they were separated.

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Play through each scenario offline first using some kind of walkthrough if you need to. Don't join very hard rooms until you feel like you are ready and can navigate them. Sometimes it's hard to find people who join normal difficulty rooms but if you ask in the chatbox i'm sure people will come join your games :)

And also, never join a Very Hard Desperate Times until you KNOW you are ready for that shit.
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

Return to “Introduction”