We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Returning after a long time, greetings!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
synthsequence

Returning after a long time, greetings!

Postby synthsequence » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey everyone,

My name's Luke and I'm from Australia. Massive Resident Evil fan, of all the games (even 6!).
Due to the fact that I live down under, and we're stuck with PAL ports, of which Outbreak is probably one of the worst (longer load times, no online, and back in the day I didn't have a 60hz compatible TV, so 18% slower gameplay as well D:), I've never played the game online.

I bought Outbreak when it first came out, but I was too young and stupid to appreciate it and sold it soon after D:
However, I've recently gotten back into the older titles and bought File #1 and #2 on eBay (PAL ports again, but at least I can play them at 60hz now) and I'm having a blast playing them. I don't know what was wrong with me when I was younger (I also bought and sold Code Veronica X... and then bought the HD version 2 months ago and also had a blast) but at least I'm better now!

Anywho, I found this website and I'm currently trying to get everything working on PCSX2. I just have a few questions to ask:

1. I mostly plan on playing split-screen with my boyfriend. Will he need an ObSrv account too?
2. The memory card file referenced in the Emulator sticky (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4099); is there a version of this file that doesn't have everything unlocked but does have the necessary networking stuff? I wanna unlock everything on my own, but if this isn't possible, it's no big deal, I can just unlock everything on my physical PAL copies offline.
3. I'm very noobish when it comes to networking. Because (I assume anyway) the servers are based in the US, will my connection suck and will I have a lot of lag? Even when playing splitscreen? Or is it like I host my own room so the connection will be fine?

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for keeping this great game alive. You guys rock!

Cheers,
Luke

RISHINSHUYON

Re: Returning after a long time, greetings!

Postby RISHINSHUYON » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 am

Hi Luke, I am Andy. Nice to meet you.
So to your questions, the best way to play outbreak is to use a FAT PS2 using an internal HDD, that will give you 4-5 sec loading times and there will be NO LAG/STUTTERING(i have stuttering problems on my emu, recently i have this problem again, i fixed this problem with playing the game via USB).

1. If, sorry, you are a man and you have a boyfriend? NO LOL haha, you both need an OBSRV account. It's better if you play with two PCs. One PC is possible, but the experience will not be so good because there your computer will take a lot of usage of its power. Just search for the "playing at emulator" section or at the search box up there if you want to search for any things you want. it is mostly complete. example you have an error, just put in the specific keywords.

2. If you dont want everything unlocked, better set your net configuration yourself, it is very easy, on emulator, the text are grayed out due to software emulation problems , i guess but you could search for youtube for those guides to help you.

3. Remember, you must need the Japanese Outbreak games in order to play.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything, i am ON usually on saturday or sunday, and weekdays on night time in my time..
:)

synthsequence

Re: Returning after a long time, greetings!

Postby synthsequence » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your reply and your help!
I don't mind the load times on PCSX2. I have a pretty good rig that I just spent $2K on so I can comfortably run two copies of it simultaneously without a problem. Although maybe that's because I leave everything on the default settings for accuracy's sake.

1. I decided to just make another account and give it to him to use. Works fine now! Thanks for clarifying this for me. Just went through Outbreak with my boyfriend tonight with no issues!

2. I managed to keep the network settings but delete the unlockables by using mymc to look at the card. I made a backup of the card just in case, but I deleted the Resident Evil: Outbreak Main Data save, launched the game and it still worked, but I only had the default 8 characters (no costumes or NPCs) and Outbreak (no other scenarios) unlocked, so it looks like it worked! I played through Outbreak again to make sure, had no problems!

3. I've got physical copies of the PAL versions of Outbreak and File #2, so I English-patched the Japanese ISOs with Delta Patcher. Haven't had any issues, just used Google Translate on a few menus that weren't translated.

Thanks for your help man, hopefully we can play together soon some time!

Return to “Introduction”