We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Old school RE fan, finally got to play this online and it was all good.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Slade

Old school RE fan, finally got to play this online and it was all good.

Postby Slade » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 am

Got my brother with me to play some games.

We came across two others but declined them since they weren't doing the stages we were currently doing.

I've been dying to play this game online since the original ps2 release and with the PCSX2 emulator, bios, patches etc I've finally got my gaming dream come true.

I still own the original discs but they are both pal versions.

Currently did File 1 3 levels completed, did half of 4 then my brother got a bit annoyed with his Civilian character stats so we canceled it and we played File 1 all night and got really tired half way through the final campaign so we are taking a break and coming back to these two levels later.

10pm 7am in UK timezone I should be online playing File 1 or File 2 with my brother for possibly till the end of june. I'm pretty competent so I wont screw you over but my memory has gotten a lil foggy with some of the codes and item placements on difficulties plus I'm not used to the snapy direction controls in this game I'm too used to the tank controls. There have been so many times I'll just run perfectly in one direction but the camera changes and so does my controls which makes me run into enemies.

It's a blast playing this game again and finally for the first time online with real players and not a jarring AI that you have to spam positive and assist me messages just to get certain AI's to team up with you on very hard + nightmare difficulties again.

I went back to that difficulty thanks to cheat engine and holy damn I have no idea how I was able to tolerate this AI and gameplay on VH + Nightmare difficulty back in the day XD?

nightdoom98

Re: Old school RE fan, finally got to play this online and it was all good.

Postby nightdoom98 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Welcome to the server you two. I hope you and your brother enjoy your time playing :)
I'm a all rounded player.
I play as everyone. but i main Kevin.
Also if your having trouble i'll try and stay near you the best i can.

Slade

Postby Slade » Tue May 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Welcome to the server you two. I hope you and your brother enjoy your time playing :)
Thanks mate.

Don't worry for the whole month I'm gonna be playing outbreak most of the time this is something I've been robbed of in my ps2 past XD.

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:15 am

Glad to see people joining and bringing people with them.

Especially since the online component was stripped from the European market.

See you guys online, Resident Evil baby!

Yoko:S

Postby Yoko:S » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Welcome to the server community! Enjoy your stay.

Leny

Postby Leny » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 am

I can probably see myself in a different reality with the same post message like this. I would of not gotten on Outbreak if it wasn't for my cousin playing it back in 2004.

Return to “Introduction”