We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello!!!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
hunktofu

Hello!!!

Postby hunktofu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 pm

I'm new here , I still have yet to get all the stuff to play both files , I'm wondering if I should go the computer set up or the USAps2/jpnps2.. if I could get a little help on decisions with what way to go both easy to set up or really cheap to get it all together ,
Just a little info on me ,
I use to play the original reob file 1&2 on the American servers back in the day , I was maybe 10-14 when I playing those games online and these were the first games I played online ever and it was awesome to be honest
I remember how I just wanted to beat all the missions to get the most points to unlock stuff but then file two let you buy all file one costumes which made that easy for a kid back then , got pretty good so stuff just came out of nowhere to buy , but anyway I started doing Dm and TDM rooms and boy those are prob by far the most enjoyable moments I've ever had with these games and I'm sorry to say I did a bit of trolling back then and it was pure gold with friendly fire rooms , and fellas there are still 5 clear moments where I can recall my team mates shooting my other teammates in front of me while on the first roof jump while they hang and then just hearing them scream to their deaths and dropping all their items , now I know it's not tollerated but there are rooms for dm n tdm I'm assuming now .
So much to ask still but I just want to know I've seen some videos on YouTube but is it still possible to play npc types characters online still ?

hunktofu

Re: Hello!!!

Postby hunktofu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 pm

On the dm and tdm subject I really started getting into that when the servers where about a year out from shutting down on file 2 and 2 years for file one ,
But yeah this is probably still my favorite online games because of how it played back then being so primitive with communication but still ahead of its time because log chat in some new games out now would be fantastic like mgo3 ,

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi welcome. The cheapest setup is by emulator, providing you already have a PC. You need to buy the original Japanese copies of both games regardless of which setup you go for. The Console route is more expensive but more reliable. Emus can crash or freeze from time to time. If you go Console route, you will probably need a HDD to keep up with everyones load times. Vanilla DVD setup loads painfully slow and most people here play on PC so their load times are decent.

About DM's, Yes a few people here play them but you have to ask around. If you are doing a death match, make sure that every one knows that it is a dm. Team killing is frowned upon if you randomly do it in some random persons game. Will be difficult to find people for this though tbh. I am not particularly a fan of DMing but some out there dont mind. And yes you can use NPCs online.

Good luck with your endeavor and enjoy the server.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

hunktofu

Postby hunktofu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks assassinman ,
You seem pretty well involved in this community , I was also wondering , if I do ps2 or emulator is there a way to get all the character already unlocked or downloaded from files 1-2 and possible 3 and all the stages , I don't have a super huge amount of time and to tohave all the npcs right off the bat would give a lot of verity and spice to my gameplay and personally make it more enjoyable
, thanks again

hunktofu

Postby hunktofu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Also can I play from a laptop or does it have to be a desktop for emu thanks

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 am

Yeah you can copy a complete save file from gamefaqs that has everything unlocked including File 3 NPCs. As for playing on emu, I am not 100% sure. I would imagine you could play from any computer that can handle the emulator. I play on console though so I cant say for sure.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

refan988

Postby refan988 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:20 am

You can use a program called mymc to import save files directly to the virtual ps2 memory card used by pcsx2.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 am

Also can I play from a laptop or does it have to be a desktop for emu thanks

To be honest anything would work as long as your laptop is powerful enough to run the games, and there's a ready to go memory card
for emu users, so give it a try. As everybody here stated emu is the best way atm to play, and welcome i can guarantee you that you'll have great times here with this community. ;)

ultima132

Postby ultima132 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:24 am

Welcome

hunktofu

Postby hunktofu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:06 am

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and the tips ,
, it's all appreciated honestly

Return to “Introduction”