We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Greetings

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
NateWolf

Greetings

Postby NateWolf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:43 am

My name is Nathan.
I used to play Outbreak 1 and 2 quite a bit back when the US servers were online. Then later I played on the Japanese servers for a while till they were shut down as well. I really enjoyed both games.
I am excited to see this private server project to be in motion. It would be nice to be able to play the game online again.

I also have a facebook group where Resident Evil related news is posted (especially anything Outbreak related). All are welcome if you\'re interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SupportOutbreak/

There are members there that are also interested in this project.
I wish the project\'s success and it would be nice to be able to play with everyone online again. And along the way it would be nice to meet new people and make new friends.

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum.
Last edited by NateWolf on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hunk_4TH

Greetings

Postby Hunk_4TH » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:57 am

Dude not to sound rude or anything but we really don\'t need to publicly advertise this anywhere.

camjam

Greetings

Postby camjam » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 am

Yea, do not advertise it. Lets get it working with the code out first. Lets not risk shutdown by capcom.
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

VirusPunk

Greetings

Postby VirusPunk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 am

Info from Facebook gets leaked fast. Better delete that post before you ruin it for all of us.

the_fog

Greetings

Postby the_fog » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:25 am

Welcome to the board, Natewolf. We are supporters for Outbreak, too :)

NateWolf

Greetings

Postby NateWolf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks fogman, I\'m happy to be here.

To everyone else: I wouldn\'t worry about exposure. I\'m not the first to post about this on facebook. Other facebook groups with an even larger following have already posted about this. This place is also easily located via google by searching \"Outbreak private server.\" There is also a youtube video that advertises this project. In other words this project has already been made public. Not to mention the fact that this forum exists or attempts to get Outbreak to connect online using your private server means you\'re already exposed. Companies like Capcom and the government are perfectly capable of finding it even if it was hidden from public view.

This project also encourages following copyright laws (such as purchasing legal copies of the game and by creating a work around to avoid modifying the game itself). And from what I\'ve already read about this project, it is being done in pursuit of creating a private server legally.

Per my understanding this project shouldn\'t run into any legal road blocks. Private servers only get shut down by officials if they are competing against paid services (namely MMO games like Final Fantasy XI). This might have been an issue back when KDDI was still running their paid service prior to the shutdown in 2011. Its been two years since KDDI dropped the service, running a private server now would not affect their profit. Not to mention Capcom has already OKed other private projects involving both Outbreak games, and Capcom\'s conditions were that we cannot modify the game itself.

If Capcom were able to shut this down, and decided to pursue shutting it down, then that would mean having private servers for outbreak was never meant to be in the first place regardless of whether or not I post about it.
Last edited by NateWolf on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_fog

Greetings

Postby the_fog » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 pm

This project is not meant to be a hidden secret and if we are raising concerns on the side of Capcom I am open to any dialog. We are talking about nearly 10 year old games on a console platform that is leaving the shelves. PS4 is on the way and backward compatability is limited.

Honestly, if Capcom officials would ask me to shutdown the project, I wouldn\'t risk a C&D letter. But I doubt this will happen. I mean, how much more can the fanbase show their love to a game and game series than to keep Outbreak\'s online capabilities alive?
Last edited by the_fog on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunk_4TH

Greetings

Postby Hunk_4TH » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Just as long as it doesn\'t get shutdown. I hope my post didn\'t sound rude. This is just the closet we\'ve been to getting back online thanks to the_fog :) Anyway welcome aboard.

the_fog

Greetings

Postby the_fog » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 pm

On the other hand some publicity might help to keep officials away from shutting us down. But I\'d prefer to have a final working online mode before. Anyways, Let\'s see where this gets us :)

NateWolf

Greetings

Postby NateWolf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:00 pm

After re-reading my previous post, the last sentence looks like it can be seen as rude, I tried editing it to keep the post polite, but for some reason it won\'t let me edit it. I apologize if anyone found it rude.

Thanks again guys for welcoming me.

Dchaps

Greetings

Postby Dchaps » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 am

If anything happens lets all blame natewolf

Tofu

Greetings

Postby Tofu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:15 am

Worst greetings EVER. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Tofu on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introduction”