We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

DO I HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED? D:

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Natejesty

DO I HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED? D:

Postby Natejesty » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:13 am

So, a while back had tried to install and play online using my PC. I had bought Japanese imports of the game and everything and after hours of glitches and weird screens that took forever for mods to solve (my luck sucks). I had a bad PC that couldn't run this game for some reason. It was running in slow motion. Hearing Cindy yell help very slowly and sound like Mark wasn't enjoyable! After this event I had basically given up and thought I wasn't smart enough in a technical way to do all the softmod steps for the Phat PS2 Etc. Well, with all the recent allegations of a RE Outbreak Remake releasing this year I just my hopes high and don't want to be let down! Basically, I have went through the "What do I need to buy" post and the YouTube video about softmodding and how to do it. I have all my things in a huge Amazon wishlist that I will be buying. I just want to get confirmation that I have all the right things I need for the Softmod steps and the PS2 needs. (I already have the JAP Imports of File 1 & 2). I really don't want to get hype about my things shipping in and me getting the wrong thing! I left screeshots of my list of things and here is a link to the wish list as well. Is everything correct?!
List of Items - http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishl ... l_list_o_4?
Attachments
Untitled2.png
List 1
Untitled2.png (393.54 KiB) Viewed 14771 times
Untitled.png
List 2
Untitled.png (279.14 KiB) Viewed 14771 times
Image Image

hobbes_182

Re: DO I HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED? D:

Postby hobbes_182 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:47 am

Hey Nate!

It looks like you are missing the actual HDD. I see you have a HDD enclosure on your list, you don't need that at all.

Everything else looks solid 8)

refan988

Postby refan988 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:49 am

The enclosure is needed to hook up the hdd to the computer since most computers these days don't come with IDE connectors on the motherboard.

Natejesty

Postby Natejesty » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:21 am

Hey Nate!

It looks like you are missing the actual HDD. I see you have a HDD enclosure on your list, you don't need that at all.

Thanks buddy! What HDD do I need? I will look one up now and hopefully see it! :'(
Image Image

Natejesty

Postby Natejesty » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:22 am

Hey Nate!

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-40GB-Hard-Di ... ds=ps2+hdd
Is this the right one? :mrgreen:
Image Image

zredgemz

Postby zredgemz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:40 am

Look up a maxtor drive 320gb it is about 30 bucks, works like a charm and you can use it for more then outbreak. http://www.amazon.com/Maxtor-5A320J0-32 ... B000P9USE4 I recommend buying used from amazon warehouse deals since you can trust amazon.
Last edited by zredgemz on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
I need to get better :C

zredgemz

Postby zredgemz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:41 am

Look up a maxtor drive 320gb it is about 30 bucks, works like a charm and you can use it for more then outbreak. http://www.amazon.com/Maxtor-5A320J0-32 ... B000P9USE4
If you have a gameshark and gta 1 for ps1 i can send you a save file that will let you install freemcboot.

Edit: Opps double post.

Natejesty

Postby Natejesty » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Look up a maxtor drive 320gb it is about 30 bucks, works like a charm and you can use it for more then outbreak. http://www.amazon.com/Maxtor-5A320J0-32 ... B000P9USE4
If you have a gameshark and gta 1 for ps1 i can send you a save file that will let you install freemcboot.

This may sound kind of newbie, but how do you use/install the HDD when it arrives. :o
Image Image

zredgemz

Postby zredgemz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Well you just connect it to the ps2 network adaptor and slide the harddrive into the ps2 expansion bay but do not do that till you set up the drive thru WinHIIP_V1.7.6 first, Just a quick note when you get everything just ask me and ill give you a step by step guide to setup your ps2 for softmodding. I would write the guide now but i think i may ask a mod if i can do so and just make a new thread with full steps to help you and others for the future.

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 pm

The enclosure is needed to hook up the hdd to the computer since most computers these days don't come with IDE connectors on the motherboard.
I never needed one :'( I just plugged in with the IDE to USB. :D

Good looking out though, whatever method gets the job done sounds good to me :D

This may sound kind of newbie, but how do you use/install the HDD when it arrives. :o
Sorry for the late reply Nate, glad to hear you have everything in the mail :D

Natejesty

Postby Natejesty » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Well you just connect it to the ps2 network adaptor and slide the harddrive into the ps2 expansion bay but do not do that till you set up the drive thru WinHIIP_V1.7.6 first, Just a quick note when you get everything just ask me and ill give you a step by step guide to setup your ps2 for softmodding. I would write the guide now but i think i may ask a mod if i can do so and just make a new thread with full steps to help you and others for the future.
I will definitely hit you up, although I beat this game on VH and Nightmare mode I never got to play it online. I am looking to buy what I need on Thursday
Image Image

Return to “Introduction”