We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Greetings from an old school Outbreak player.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Emphasyze

Greetings from an old school Outbreak player.

Postby Emphasyze » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello all!

Found out about this project more than a year ago, but didn't start trying to attempt playing until now.

I use to play File 1 and 2 online under the name Vonin back in the day on HDD with my bro (Death_Defier). Felt like there were very few HDD players back then, but the loading times killed it for me so I went out and bought 2 copies of FFXI for the HDD(store, ebay) with a 2nd copy of File 2 (already had an additional PS2). Was quite a bit of change back then, but thinking back now it was one of my most memorable experiences and I still miss playing till this day. 100's of hours replaying the same stages, looking on gamefaqs for the item locations for unlocking costumes, laughing at the random voice banter, and trying to be a good teammate while maintaining my survival %. Was well worth it. Was sad when the File 2 servers went down along with File 1 shortly after. I still have my original fat ps2/hdd with both outbreak games.

I literally registered and wrote this intro so I'm in the process of setting up and haven't been able to play yet, but I'm looking forward to removing the almost decade of rust while hilariously failing similar to the jump on the outbreak map or being eaten by the sharks (shudders).

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

-Emphasyze

Dchaps

Re: Greetings from an old school Outbreak player.

Postby Dchaps » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 am

Welcome :)

Leny

Re: Greetings from an old school Outbreak player.

Postby Leny » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:58 am

I don't seem to remember you, but welcome aboard.

Return to “Introduction”