We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

in game chat?

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
rizhah1

in game chat?

Postby rizhah1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:48 pm

how do you access the in-game lobby chat? everythings still in japanese even after successfully applying the patch. errr what button are you guys pressing to talk to eachother while in the lobby????????????????

Thanks!

Edit***This is for outbreak File 2 (japan)
Game ID: cloud.
Character: Hunk B.

alinho

Re: in game chat?

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:25 am

Triangle.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:36 am

Everything is still in Japanese? Where'd you get the patch?
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

rizhah1

Postby rizhah1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:19 am

I got the patch from this guys instructions in the description. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8T7w4sGy4U)
this is the download link: ***Edited - download link removed***
^Refer to description in Youtube link, it is the link for "OUTBREAK Folder"

From the outbreak folder theres a folder called the outbreak file 2 patcher, i used the ppf o matic program and patched it. File 2 says 95% Im guessing that 95% of the game is translated into english while the remaining 5% is still in japenese hence why I cannot locate where to go to access the chat. I'm going to try Triangle Alinho and i'll tell you if that works. If anyone else is doing something else please feel free to share.
Last edited by rizhah1 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:23 am

Those patches look ancient. I'll PM you the correct place to go. Also, you may want to remove the download link from your post. Stuff like that needs to be kept behind closed doors here.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

rizhah1

Postby rizhah1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:34 am

I removed the link but i'm not understanding why this needs to be kept behind closed doors? this info needs to be more accessible so more people can join and play. do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass this was to set up?

***Edit I got the PM, I'll try that out***
Also Whats the difference between the ppf o matic one and the delta one???????????

rizhah1

Re: in game chat? [SOLVED]

Postby rizhah1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:00 am

Triangle worked, thanks.

camjam

Postby camjam » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:22 am

I removed the link but i'm not understanding why this needs to be kept behind closed doors?
If you are referring to DNAS bypass patches or similar, or anything involving some form of piracy, its better to be safe than sorry. They put alot of work into this project and it would be a shame if one bad egg caused a DMCA complaint and got it all shut down.
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

rizhah1

Postby rizhah1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:28 am

If you are referring to DNAS bypass patches or similar, or anything involving some form of piracy, its better to be safe than sorry. They put alot of work into this project and it would be a shame if one bad egg caused a DMCA complaint and got it all shut down.
Oh i see, I noticed others posting tutorials and dl links so I thought it was okay. Also I noticed that if I'm in a skype call, i have problems connecting to servers. has anyone else found this? is there a possible work around to run both the game and skype at same time?

thanks.

Blake

Postby Blake » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:03 am

Oh i see, I noticed others posting tutorials and dl links so I thought it was okay. Also I noticed that if I'm in a skype call, i have problems connecting to servers. has anyone else found this? is there a possible work around to run both the game and skype at same time?

thanks.
Try making a skype call after you connect to the servers. Overall I don't use skype because it causes lag for me but that's just probably me.
IGN/HN: Blake
Favorite Scenarios: DD, EOTR, UB
Most Used Characters: Kevin, Cindy, David and Yoko (In that order).
PS2 or Emu? Both

omar1234

Postby omar1234 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 pm

hi anyone know when i lunch the emulater and run the game i got run time error
any suggestions please

rizhah1

Postby rizhah1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:37 pm

You're either missing redistributable packages or your plugins/setup are configured wrong. Play around with it, I'm quite sure you'll get it eventually. As for Kira's solution, I will try connecting the call after I'm in-game and I'll post the results.

BrandonSJ96

Postby BrandonSJ96 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:10 am

Triangle and R1 (x2) to reveal Alpha characters on in game lobby chat keyboard. (It is that 3rd button on the very left side)

Return to “Introduction”