We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

New and looking to play

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Clutz450

New and looking to play

Postby Clutz450 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Hey everyone. Just found this site and am really excited to play. I had bought both file 1 and file 2 when they came out but never actually got around to playing them. So I was pretty upset when I found out that online was shut down and that I would never know what it was like to play online.

Please forgive me but I've been searching this site but can't find any guide that tells me how to get this to work. I did see the hardware checklist for consoles and already have everything. (Phat PS2, FMCB, OPL, Network Apadter with HDD, and both Japanese ISOs). I guess I was looking for a sticky topic or something that would explain step by step where to get the patches, how to apply them and how to get online. If someone could direct me to a guide like that I would appreciate it. Thank you and I look forward to playing with you all soon.

AssassinMan23

Re: New and looking to play

Postby AssassinMan23 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Welcome to the site. I can help you with setting up console/HDD if thats the route you are taking. If you are going to do Emulator, then I would check the "Playing with Emulator" section of the forum to get advice on setting up.

Getting and applying patches is something you should only worry about when your console and other stuff is available to you. You would apply patches while you are setting up the HDD. Some people on the site here are working on some DLC mods that will be available soon. When that is finished, just download that because it will have pretty much everything you need. Also, if you play on console you need to have a Wired ethernet connection. Just so you don't overlook that small problem when ordering all the equipment.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

Clutz450

Postby Clutz450 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Thank you for offering to help. Yes, the console/HDD route is the one I plan on using. I don't plan on using an emulator. Also, my PS2 is wired to my router so I'm good to go there. Since this DLC you speak of should be coming out soon, should I just wait for that? Or can I patch my games now and apply the DLC later? Anyway, just step me through what I need to do and I'll do it. Thanks.

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:56 am

Hello and Welcome.

Many of us in this community arent ps2 console users an one of them is me, dont get me wrong PC users arent half bad as one us have lesser problems of disconnecting so If you mind a PC user to play with you as well :D?

I got both iso's so I can play with you anytime.

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:06 am

Hello and Welcome.

Many of us in this community arent ps2 console users an one of them is me, dont get me wrong PC users arent half bad as one us have lesser problems of disconnecting so If you mind a PC user to play with you as well :D?

gonna be online this night need to practice some more ^^

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 am

Hello and Welcome.

gonna be online this night need to practice some more ^^ and you re welcome my friend

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:21 am

^^ and you re welcome my friend
Oh thanks rantor60 :D.

Hoxton

Postby Hoxton » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:13 pm

A word of warning. The vast majority of games are CD games not HDD. So if you're using a hard drive keep in mind you won't be able to join Cd games when you're using a HDD. If you're using an emulator you can join CD games with the faster load times.

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 pm

A word of warning. The vast majority of games are CD games not HDD. So if you're using a hard drive keep in mind you won't be able to join Cd games when you're using a HDD. If you're using an emulator you can join CD games with the faster load times.
Actually that is not the case. This only happens if you use the "official" PS2 HDD method with the actual Sony hard drive. Any non Japanese HDD players here use the unofficial HDD setup, which has been patched to allow the HDD player to join DVD/CDROM games or vice versa.

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Thank you for offering to help. Yes, the console/HDD route is the one I plan on using. I don't plan on using an emulator. Also, my PS2 is wired to my router so I'm good to go there. Since this DLC you speak of should be coming out soon, should I just wait for that? Or can I patch my games now and apply the DLC later? Anyway, just step me through what I need to do and I'll do it. Thanks.
Yes you can apply the patches now and update them later if you want. Here is the video I used to help get it set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLvjY-W3qWU

You can get the programs you need from the description of the video.

Hoxton

Postby Hoxton » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Ah

Clutz450

Postby Clutz450 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:21 am

Yes you can apply the patches now and update them later if you want. Here is the video I used to help get it set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLvjY-W3qWU

You can get the programs you need from the description of the video.
Thanks for trying to help but that video said nothing about how to patch my ISOs or even where I get the patches from. I already have my PS2 with FMCB on my memory card, latest version on OPL, network adapter and internal HDD with all my games on it. I can play games no problem. What I need to know now is:

1 - Where do I get the patches from?
2 - How to apply them?
3 - Once I have the patched games loaded up in OPL, what settings do I need to set to connect to the new server?

I know this is an introduction thread so if this is getting too long, I can start a post in the appropriate place. Thanks.

Edit: So after some Google searching, I think I found my answers to questions 1 and 2 here (http://resouttrans.blogspot.ca/p/transl ... gress.html). Now I just need an answer to number 3 and then I think I will be ready to play.

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:03 am

ohhhh I didn't know you already had everything hooked up and ready to go already. Ok. In that package I sent you, should be a tool to patch the isos. I think its delta patcher or something. I did this a pretty long time ago so I am a bit fuzzy on the details. One of the users here linked me that hdd test bundle so I could get my stuff set up. I believe he said that the patch was included in it somewhere. You just have to load your clean isos on the the patcher program and choose the modifications you want included when you patch them and then you should be good to patch n load. I am sorry about being so vague but I only did this once awhile back and I kinda forgot exactly how I did it haha.

If you can successfully patch your isos with the english translation, then the Network setup should be a breeze. Just input your standard ISP info and set the dnas ip to 81.7.10.214

Good luck. Hopefully this helps you finish off the setup for good.

Clutz450

Postby Clutz450 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:50 am

Thanks for the help. I think I successfully patched both my games. However I'm pretty busy with work this week so I probably won't be able to test it out and see if I can actually play online until later this week. If I am successful in connecting and playing online then maybe I will try to write up a little tutorial on how to get this working on an actual PS2. It seems like one is needed here.

Return to “Introduction”