We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello from Youtube or something...

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
UltimaXtreme

Hello from Youtube or something...

Postby UltimaXtreme » Wed May 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello to everyone on the OBSRV forums! I am a little-known Youtube user by the name of TheUltimaXtreme.

I found OBSRV a while ago, after modifying my PS2 with a hard drive, and looking for some games. I never got to try Outbreak, and thus went for it. My interest in the game from an online point of view led me here. I had an interest to do it, but not quite enough ambition to pull through with it. Several months pass, I'm bored, nothing to do, so I figure, hey, why not try it? A few hours later, I got "BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK" running, with weird text nonsense because English translations, but I was also connecting to OBSRV on the network side!

I've been a Resident Evil fan all the way back to the hilarious FMV of the Dualshock version on Playstation. I never could quite get into the classic gameplay, though, I usually jump from game to game now, so I have a backlog of supposedly good games I should play (Still haven't beaten Half-Life to this day). Despite my lack of interest, I've played Resident Evil 4 in the GC, PS2, Wii, PC, and even mobile incarnations, and just to give you perspective, my Wii release of RE4 had 27 saved playthroughs on professional difficulty. Obsessed might be the word. I just found RE4 to be a fantastic game, and nothing short of enjoyably cathartic.

I've been a Youtube user for 7 years, and my channel will soon hit 5 years of time (I made a new one, obviously). I have a network behind me, and simply lag impressive subscriber counts... and video output... I'm lazy.

I also recently got my capture card to work again. This means quite good plans for my channel. My interest in REO also means there's potential for videos from that as well.

I'm a noob in terms of Outbreak playtime, so learning the ropes would help, but I definitely think I could get into this game. I hope to start playing and see you guys on the server.

Xiaonix

Re: Hello from Youtube or something...

Postby Xiaonix » Thu May 07, 2015 2:15 am

Welcome aboard! :D

Lemme just say that RE4 is VERY different from classic Resident Evil tho.

You'll maybe happy to find that REOB also has the 1st person control. (d-pad is tank/3rd Person , stick is 1st person. I like Tank controls)

Remember that cooperation is key to survival ;)

If you need any partners for a game, You can count me in! :3

Good source for goodies: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=942

See you around.
Wanna have Jill's, Chris', Claire's, etc. as Adlibs to NPCs? Ensemble Adlib Mod

Return to “Introduction”