We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

It Is A Great Pleasure To Be Here!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
SerEvergreen

It Is A Great Pleasure To Be Here!

Postby SerEvergreen » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Good day to all Resident Evil Outbreak fans and survivors in our OBSRV community!

First of all, and most importantly, immense appreciation to the_fog who has spearheaded and made this project a reality! Without him, the dedicated fans of this great classic might have never been able to enjoy it in the company of each other ever again.

I have always find the mechanics implemented in Outbreak both enjoyable and interesting in the context of real cooperative play instead of single-player, and have always wanted to play with others, but since the day the NTSC-U server was taken down, I could only try to move forward in the game, only to give up again and again realizing that the potential joy could never be fully reached without online play. Thanks to the_fog, such unfortunate implication will no longer plague me, let alone other players and fans who might have shared the same thought!

While I am familiar with Outbreak, I would not consider myself an experienced nor skillful player, and this is made worse by the fact that I have never played File #2 before. However, I am a player who thrive on playing cooperatively in a helpful and proper manner, as well as willing to learn and improve myself in order to enhance the experience of both my own and the people I am playing with. As such, I have decided to join OBSRV in hope that I can reach and enjoy the full potential of the game with others.

May my contribution and dedication to OBSRV be a boon both to myself and other members in the community, and I will do my best to both enjoy the game and to bring enjoyment to those I am playing with! :D

Phoenix7786

Re: It Is A Great Pleasure To Be Here!

Postby Phoenix7786 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Hey there and welcome! From what I've been told, I guess newbs (and by newbs I mean the non-offensive version and not n00bs) like us are a precious commodity, since we're fresh blood to games that the vets have conquered and re-conquered. I've been assured that people who try their best are not hassled. They just ask we don't join "very hard" difficulties without knowing what to do.
Likes to play Kevin or David. Can also play Yoko in a pinch. Would be willing to try others for the sake of the team's success.

SerEvergreen

Re: It Is A Great Pleasure To Be Here!

Postby SerEvergreen » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:49 pm

^Indeed, and such is what has been clearly stated in both the FAQs and the general rules of the community, and considering my current skill level, I am sure I can only be comfortable or competent enough Normal or Hard. Furthermore, since I will have to play a plenty to get used to all the maps in both File #1 and #2, it will be a long way to go until I am adequate enough for Very Hard. :geek:

Return to “Introduction”