We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Ahoy Chummers! New here!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Phoenix7786

Ahoy Chummers! New here!

Postby Phoenix7786 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:42 am

Heya all. I'm new here and currently at least a month away from making the necessary mods to my PS2 to play this. In the meantime I wanted to introduce myself.

I've seen some horror stories on a few Gamefaqs threads from people who have said that being a noob in this game is a quick-way to get black-listed or out-right banned. Is/are there any noob-friendly servers for new people or just people whom haven't played that much?
Likes to play Kevin or David. Can also play Yoko in a pinch. Would be willing to try others for the sake of the team's success.

the_fog

Re: Ahoy Chummers! New here!

Postby the_fog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:50 am

Welcome to the forum!
I know some of the stories on GameFAQ, mostly kind of revenge posts of former members who weren't able to behave. You can be sure that most people playing here are very nice and helpful ;)

TheMixedHerb

Postby TheMixedHerb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:58 am

As a relatively new person myself (only just got the stuff to play online recently) I've only met people willing to help me learn the game online and plenty of people have offered to help or otherwise play without even bothering to bring how many times I've played into the question.

I'm not saying that everyone is accepting (you know how some people can be) but everyone I've met so far has been nice so I don't think you have anything to worry about. When you hear tales of people who get banned it's only going to be their side of the story and of course everyone else but them will be the bad guy because they clearly did nothing wrong.

On another note, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay and I hope to see you around on the servers when you get your stuff. :D

Edit: What I meant to say was, if you let people know you're new to the game or new to the online I'm sure they'll take that into account and help you get to grips with things.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am

Welcome to the forum!
I know some of the stories on GameFAQ, mostly kind of revenge posts of former members who weren't able to behave. You can be sure that most people playing here are very nice and helpful ;)
NOT ME! I'M GONNA TK ALL YOU FOOLS! #REKT #MLG #SUPDAWGURDED

I'm joking, welcome to the forum, Phoenix. I always welcome new players in my games so if you see me around, feel free to join. :)
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

GK1294

Postby GK1294 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 am

I'm always up for playing normal and hard games, as are a lot of other players. Feel free to host these and go into the webpage chat to ask for advice if you ever get confused about anything. Welcome to the server!
HN: GreenKnight
ID: S1DY4F
HN: Peelzman
ID: FVD50A

Phoenix7786

Postby Phoenix7786 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes! And yeah I just started posting in the latest introduction threads just because it felt weird to introduce myself without welcoming others in too.

I was guessing from the tone of some of the GF threads that some butthurt had occurred and I might only be seeing 1 side of the coin. I figured the best way to sort through would be to broadcast my noobishness. Is it acceptable to host a level on normal that I've never played before or are we supposed to have played the level a few times to figure out what to do first and THEN go online?
Likes to play Kevin or David. Can also play Yoko in a pinch. Would be willing to try others for the sake of the team's success.

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes! And yeah I just started posting in the latest introduction threads just because it felt weird to introduce myself without welcoming others in too.

I was guessing from the tone of some of the GF threads that some butthurt had occurred and I might only be seeing 1 side of the coin. I figured the best way to sort through would be to broadcast my noobishness. Is it acceptable to host a level on normal that I've never played before or are we supposed to have played the level a few times to figure out what to do first and THEN go online?
You shouldn't let others ruin the fun just because you can't play well. Normal is fine and most people start out from there too. It doesn't matter if it's your first time online and you don't know what to do, if you have a problem with someone after a game and it's irreconcilable, you can update your gameprefs list real easy.
props to alinho for the gif

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Is it acceptable to host a level on normal that I've never played before?
Absolutely. Playing online is different to offline gameplay. And how should you practice if not joining or hosting online? I usually play on normal because I don't have much practice in the game, sometimes I even do games on easy when playing with my kids :)

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Been real busy lately and I am in the middle of moving to a new place but when I can play again, I will join you for some games. Easy, Normal, Hard or Very Hard. Love em all and will play them all anytime. Welcome and enjoy.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

Yoko:S

Postby Yoko:S » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:23 am

Welcome to the fabulous Outbreak Server! Take here your ticket to the park and tighten the belts, the fun is just starting ;)

Phoenix7786

Postby Phoenix7786 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:07 am

Unfortunately my overseas tenure is over and I am back in the 'States, albeit jobless atm. Once I get a replacement job I can think about modding my PS2 and learning how to burn stuff into DVD's so I can get the translation patches installed. Have zero clue how to do any of that but my good pals Google and Youtube have been quite helpful, including their mutual friends Amazon and/or Ebay.

slightlysketch

Postby slightlysketch » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Welcome I am new as well and when you get online I'll be more then willing to newb it up wig ya :D

Return to “Introduction”