[Console Route] What do I need to buy?

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
GypsyJack

Re: CHECKLIST: What do I need to buy?

Postby GypsyJack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Ethernet cable is required. If you are using a wireless adapter then you don't need a long ethernet cable. In fact, most wireless adapters come with one. But if you don't have the money for one, you'll need to bring your PS2 downstairs.
yeah,i'd rather just bring it downstairs whenever I feel like playing. So when I take it downstairs,I'm only taking my PS2 and an Ethernet cable?

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

You'll be taking everything mentioned on the checklist lol. Except for your discs because you will have already ripped them to your HDD lol.
Co-author of the Outbreak translation pack. Self proclaimed King of Scrubs.
My Youtube Channel

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:08 pm

You'll be taking everything mentioned on the checklist lol. Except for your discs because you will have already ripped them to your HDD lol.
oh yeah i forgot about the network adapter whoops. I counted the HDD as just being PS2 because it will always be in there unless i'm having troubles with it or something like that,right? Thank you btw.

alowishus1989

Postby alowishus1989 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:22 pm

How much quicker is a fat PS2 loading over a Slim?

I have a Japanese slim and I don't really want to have to import a Fat just to play this.

Are we talking seconds or minutes here?

I have no experience with this.

Thanks.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm

It depends on the HDD but it's a noticeable difference and quite frankly, I can never go back to disc speeds. You don't have to import a FAT PS2 at all. Just buy one from your region. Since you're softmodding it you'll be able to play region free.
Co-author of the Outbreak translation pack. Self proclaimed King of Scrubs.
My Youtube Channel

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 pm

It depends on the HDD but it's a noticeable difference and quite frankly, I can never go back to disc speeds. You don't have to import a FAT PS2 at all. Just buy one from your region. Since you're softmodding it you'll be able to play region free.
Agreed, with a fat PS2 + HDD you're talking about 2-3 heartbeats per screen [same deal as emu]. Slim can be up to 7+ heartbeats [from USB] I think disc is about 10-13 :(
//: Phat NA PS2 + HDD + Free MCBoot + OPL

JoeTheUseless

Postby JoeTheUseless » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:52 am

Took me ages to get everything together i got a phat PS2 Network adaptor and a brand new 750GB IDE drive for cheap i could not be bothered modding it myself so just bought a cheap memory card off ebay with mcboot and HDLOADER and OPL on it i just formatted the drive in Winhiip put it in my PS2 and started ripping all my games to the HDLOADER luckily my laser is ok for now ;)

I just need to do the translation patch again and rip the new ISO's to the HDD with Winhiip i used to play this on the PS2 emulator it looked fantastic BUT it crashes alot and always seems to happen at the worst point annoying :-/

I am going to back up this memory card to a spare 8mb card i have incase the card breaks... it is third party so is possible.. Then i am putting in my 64MB into slot 2 for save games.

The PS2 emulator is ok but most games run like crap and my computer is awesome i had a separate Emu for each game so i would not forget the settings for each game not worth the hassle only problem is the ps2 looks bad on my 32 inch LG HDTV via RGB scart i bought Componant cables to help but not sure how much it will help who knows be here in a few days ;) ;) ;) ;)

I did notice better loading in some games Vice city loads up very quickly moving fast in the car renders the graphics slightly quicker
Gran Turismo 4 loads up cars quicker loading is better and overall the PS2 seems more responsive = better experience 8)

I suggest the console route if you can afford it the EMU looks better and has a few more FPS but crashes

If only i had a working CRT for the PS2 :'( :'( :'( :'(

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Say Hello To My Little Friend!!! Image

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Congrats, Joe. Welcome to the PS2 masterrace. :)

The component cables will definitely improve the picture quality, you may just need to also tweak some settings on your HDTV itself such as brightness and/or sharpness.

Have fun.
[align=center]ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

FAT NTSC-U/C SCPH-30001 R PS2 w/ 40 GB HDD & OPL

OUTBREAK FILE 1 & 2 ULTIMATE MODPACK
v1.04 RELEASED 08/01/15

http://twitch.tv/stuntmansnake
http://youtube.com/stuntmansnake[/align]

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Hellol, I need to ask something about the recommended HDD for loading games (and the Outbreak games too).
I saw the list says about an IDE HDD, but also found out there are modified adaptors with SATA connectors for SATA HDDs, so I want to ask, what's the difference between SATA and IDE?
Hellol, just an italian member here! I'm called HeroWolfMod in Steam and other online games most of the times.

Equipment: PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Return to “Introduction”