We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello everyone!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
BlackScrawl

Hello everyone!

Postby BlackScrawl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 am

New to the forum and thought I would drop by and say hello to you all! I'm a huge fan with the resident evil/biohazard series. Haven't played online for outbreak for ages since they were shut down. Not quite sure what else to say, but I have my most important question. If it needs to be made into another topic. I do apologize.
Today I purchased both Biohazard Outbreak and Outbreak file 2 for my slim ps2. After doing research on this. I know I do not need a network adapter for the slim, but the biggest trouble I'm having is what to do next. If any of you do happen to have a walkthrough or anything for the setup. Please let me know. Thank you very much! :D

Dchaps

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Dchaps » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:17 am

New to the forum and thought I would drop by and say hello to you all! I'm a huge fan with the resident evil/biohazard series. Haven't played online for outbreak for ages since they were shut down. Not quite sure what else to say, but I have my most important question. If it needs to be made into another topic. I do apologize.
Today I purchased both Biohazard Outbreak and Outbreak file 2 for my slim ps2. After doing research on this. I know I do not need a network adapter for the slim, but the biggest trouble I'm having is what to do next. If any of you do happen to have a walkthrough or anything for the setup. Please let me know. Thank you very much! :D
You will simply have to setup the network configuration from the in game network menu, since your on ps2, it will be a breeze;

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 am

Hi welcome. Finally a PS2 user.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

BlackScrawl

Postby BlackScrawl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 am

Much thanks Dchaps and Assassin! I'll be sure to get to my network settings as soon as possible and await for my copies to arrive. Which will be quite a while. I think I have to wait about 2-3 weeks. D:

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:15 am

Much thanks Dchaps and Assassin! I'll be sure to get to my network settings as soon as possible and await for my copies to arrive. Which will be quite a while. I think I have to wait about 2-3 weeks. D:
Well atleast with the method you chose it involves the least amount of hassle besides waiting.. :)

BlackScrawl

Postby BlackScrawl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:27 am

Agreed. I'm quite sure it will be worth the wait. Took me a while to figure out how I wanted to go with a set up. Looked at how you can run it using a emulator and that idea was scrapped once I read up about the freezing and all that jazz, so I decided this would be my best bet. Can't wait to play with you guys! :D

EDIT: Turns out I'll also have to invest in getting a hold of a Japanese slim ps2 or something in order to play those games. I know there are crazy ways of modding the system or what not, but I would rather not deal with the crazy hassle. xD

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello and welcome. First things first, you have a creepy avatar (SORRY FOR BEING MEAN), and great you used ps2 slim, since many people got so much problem with the emu like me I know you'l have less problem...Have a nice day and good luck. ;)

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 am

you are very welcome here :D playing with ps2 too ^-^

Return to “Introduction”