We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Heyyyy ~

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Gradon

Heyyyy ~

Postby Gradon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Hey everyone, I used to play Outbreak File #2 online all the time when it was on when I was younger ~
I used to play using EU copy (not sure if US/EU was split) under the name mundo (a user I made on the spot which I found out means Earth in Spanish years later)

Anywhooo, I tried to get Outbreak online working about 8 months ago and gave up, however someone posted on here that I should have no problems anymore and by my shock it's all sorted out.

I haven't played the games for years, but I am recently playing most scenarios on my own, when playing online I will absolutely not able to do hard or very hard runs until I can do them with confidence.

So if I get the chance I would like to play Outbreak #1 first on normal with others. :)
Just finally happy I got them online, I've never played File #1 online because EU version never had it.

Leon95

Re: Heyyyy ~

Postby Leon95 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Most players do only VH runs & would be happy to have you tag along. Equally, most would very happy to work with you as you get used to each difficulty level.

I'm glad to see another new face. Welcome to the community &, by all means, have fun!

:D

Gradon

Postby Gradon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Thank you, thats sounds lovely, I'm excited to play with everyone. :)
Oh also some questions I forgot to write down;

Can you unlock stuff online? (chars, levels, etc)

My game crashed after I got to a results screen online, I heard this is due to the Eng patch I used or something?
Can anyone help me with that.

Thankyouu ~~~

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 pm

If you are using the 69(?) or 60% patch, you should be all good (on File 2). Otherwise you can get the final working 100% patch by PMing a user named SilentHells.

For File 1, the 100% should work just fine.

Unlocking items, I'm not entirely sure. I really don't know the answer for that but you can download a memory card very easily that has all the costumes, characters, & the rest unlocked already as I'm assuming you're using an emulator.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2143

You might have to change some of the in game settings (inputting your IP address) if you're running wirelessly using the TAP method but if you are wired, I think you're all good to go.

Gradon

Postby Gradon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 pm

I am using real hardware. :)

My File #2 is the 60% patch (which is fine),, but my File #1 100% crashes after each game it seems.

And I'm old fashioned, I like unlocking everything so thats why I asked xD but I thank you very much for your help. :)

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Oh. I apologize. I'm inexperienced with setting up the PS2.

Sorry I could not be of more use but I hope all goes well regardless!
:rolleyes:

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 am

I believe we were on the same boat 8 months ago (I almost lost hope, but people here are so thoughtful to help out others to get connected), I also felt like not doing both H and VH during my first gameplay, but I had to adjust to that when I saw that most people seem to host them. I usually feel like a burden to a team, but with practice was able to conquer most scenarios with ease; no doubt that in time you will too.

I love File 1 over file 2 since it's more manageable, and less hassle even on H/VH. Hope you get to enjoy both on your stay. The only problem I could think of is that File 1 has slower loading times when picking up items, so best not to pickup items when a zombie/ enemy is close to you; keep in mind that lag may intervene in the process.

Good to see someone who has a similar background, welcome back! :)
props to alinho for the gif

Gradon

Postby Gradon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 am

I believe we were on the same boat 8 months ago (I almost lost hope, but people here are so thoughtful to help out others to get connected), I also felt like not doing both H and VH during my first gameplay, but I had to adjust to that when I saw that most people seem to host them. I usually feel like a burden to a team, but with practice was able to conquer most scenarios with ease; no doubt that in time you will too.

I love File 1 over file 2 since it's more manageable, and less hassle even on H/VH. Hope you get to enjoy both on your stay. The only problem I could think of is that File 1 has slower loading times when picking up items, so best not to pickup items when a zombie/ enemy is close to you; keep in mind that lag may intervene in the process.

Good to see someone who has a similar background, welcome back! :)
Aww man, Forbidden Siren 2 avatar right?? I need to replay that game it's amazing ~

Yeah I lost hope too, I tried everything under every type of connection I could think of, in various places and houses but to no avail, I am SUPER excited that it's working now :D

I think that after much practice and help I will be able to do them, I just haven't played the game seriously since around 2006 when the servers were still online.

I didn't know that about File #1! Thank you the tip and your help. :) I mostly prefer playing File #1 online (because I'm restarting on that, and we never had File #1 online in Europe)

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Aww man, Forbidden Siren 2 avatar right?? I need to replay that game it's amazing ~

Yeah I lost hope too, I tried everything under every type of connection I could think of, in various places and houses but to no avail, I am SUPER excited that it's working now :D

I think that after much practice and help I will be able to do them, I just haven't played the game seriously since around 2006 when the servers were still online.

I didn't know that about File #1! Thank you the tip and your help. :) I mostly prefer playing File #1 online (because I'm restarting on that, and we never had File #1 online in Europe)
Yes! It seems like a very underrated game to be honest, how I wish it was released on psn like the first one; I only played the first and am wishing to play the second. I love how it shares similarities with outbreak, the character design seems to give evidence to that.
Good to know you liked it (it seems to revive the legacy that Team silent left off), I watched the film based on the second game and it was really intense as well, the atmosphere definitely beats most films that tend to portray the games..

About file 1, if you meant about me pointing out about the item pickup, yes that's true; but if you meant about me saying it's less hassle, it's more of an opinion than a fact. Most people think file 1 is easier, so I seem to believe that too. You're welcome and don't worry, there are players that would be willing to help you get started, I even played this scenario with some random japanese lot and they helped me finish it for good, they are really nice in-game and they tend to share items when the need arises. They seem to want to kill the one who became a zombie tho, I felt bad for the poor guy..
props to alinho for the gif

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Welcome aboard, I'd be happy to play with ya anytime File 1 or 2 :D

Nice avatar too, I still need to play the DanganRonpa series. I loved 999 and VLR though.
HN: Natsu
Favorite characters: Cindy, David, George, Kevin

Leny

Postby Leny » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Nice avatar and welcome ^

Gradon

Postby Gradon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Thank you guys, I am in love with Danganronpa, it is probably one of my favourite series, it even took over 999/VLR's spot. Though I do still love 999/VLR, need that third game to be developed. :(

Thanks again guys, I would love to play ^_^

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Thank you guys, I am in love with Danganronpa, it is probably one of my favourite series, it even took over 999/VLR's spot. Though I do still love 999/VLR, need that third game to be developed. :(

Thanks again guys, I would love to play ^_^
Gasp, that's like Blasphemy. lol j/k

I can't really weigh in as I haven't played Dangan yet, but I hear it doesn't quite have the pure puzzle aspect that the Zero Escape series has, it's more of a pure visual novel with a couple little extras. I love the character designs for both. Who was your favorite character in ZE? I love Snake and Clover <3
HN: Natsu
Favorite characters: Cindy, David, George, Kevin

Gradon

Postby Gradon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Hah! I don't know what it is, but I randomly decided to buy my bf it for valentines and we fell in love with the series, its amazing. However, DON'T. GOOGLE. ANYTHING. SPOILERS. EVERYWHERE.

It is essentially visual novel x Ace Attorney type of gameplay with a twist, along with social elements like basic social links from Persona :D

My favourite characters was Clover and Junpei ^_^ I wanna cosplay Junpei one day :D

GK1294

Postby GK1294 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm

*Fangirl squee*

My favorites were definitely Seven and Two. Sorry for barking in like that, but I couldn't help it :P Danganronpa is an awesome game, you should give it a try, Jin; it's not like 999, it focuses more on character interaction (unlike the anime) than on the puzzle solving aspect. Instead of puzzle solving per-se, you have a murder case to solve and even though it's linear it's really really cool to play, topping even the Ace Attorney series on mechanics, which are only better because the cases have more freedom of story on Ace Attorney and you see more epic stuff instead of getting locked inside an academy and having a limited number of places to investigate.
HN: GreenKnight
ID: S1DY4F
HN: Peelzman
ID: FVD50A

Return to “Introduction”