We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

A KChasm requires assistance

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
KChasm

A KChasm requires assistance

Postby KChasm » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello. I'm KChasm.

I remember playing Resident Evil: Outbreak when I was younger. BFP was one of my favorite levels, and the Hive always freaked me out even after I got the map down in my head. I bought File #2 just before it was announced that the servers would be brought down--well, you can imagine my despair.

So, now--now that I've heard that some awesome souls have gone through the trouble to build the severs back up again--now I'm excited! Real excited! Excited and ready to play again.

...or rather I was ready to play again, before I heard that I'd need a Japanese disc, even if I could still use my American PS2. Which was alright! Just the discs, right? That's not much. But then there was all this talk of hard drives, and emulators, and magic, and patches, and all these fierce-looking acronyms...

I don't understand any of this at all.

It's been years since I played Resident Evil: Outbreak. I have my PS2, and I have my discs (though like I said, I understand I'll have to get the Japanese versions). I have my network thingummy, though I remember the loading times being somewhat iffy so I don't think I ever had a hard drive. Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere that will--well, guide me through what I need to do to play again?

...I don't even know what a DNAS is.

(Thanks for listening to an old kid whine. If you can help me, I'll seriously appreciate it. And if you can't...I'll just enjoy the rest of y'all's Outbreaking vicariously through YouTube.)

Ada

Re: A KChasm requires assistance

Postby Ada » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 am

Hi KChasm and welcome, I don't know if you got things working since you posted this, but I wanted to clarify this:
- some people play on emulator
- some people play on slim ps2
- some people play on fat ps2 and can add an internal hard drive
- some people could also play on ps3 if they have a japanese ps3 with ps2 backwards compatibility

Basically if you have the japanese disc and your console can read it using a modchip or swap magic or whatever, you won't need to do anything complicated, the only thing you'll have to do is set the DNS in the connection menu of the game and that's it, you'll be all set.
Last edited by the_fog on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: setting is DNS and not DNAS

Return to “Introduction”