We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Here comes a new Outbreaker.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
StickBreitling

Here comes a new Outbreaker.

Postby StickBreitling » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 am

Got my Japanese copy of File #2 in the mail recently. File #1 is on the way.
I'm using a USA fat PS2 with a FFXI HDD. Playing the game using swap magic.
Game is running fine and HDD data is installed. I won't be able to try and log in to the server until Friday night, so if I connect fine then I'll be up-and-running by then.
I'll hit the training course in Single Player to warm-up, but other than that, I'm just gonna jump into Network Mode raw until it all comes back to me.
Save me a spot.

-the DOCTOR
THERE'S NO TIME. (DarksideHazuki84) (Gabe LOGAN) (WINBACK)

StickBreitling

Re: Here comes a new Outbreaker.

Postby StickBreitling » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 am

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get File #3 NPCs on here.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1535
When the code is used, does it replace any existing NPCs or does it add more to the
list? Also, can you use them online?
I think it unlocks everything. (File #1, #2 and #3 + the 'hidden' ones)

I do not know if they can be used online.
Any update on this?
I tried using this code with NTSC J File #2, but it didn't unlock anything. Was I supposed to use it with File #1? Was there an 'Enable Code' that I was supposed to enter beforehand?

I remember when the Outbreak servers were up in the USA we were all able to use 'File #3 NPCs' (Gary, Mac, Mickey, etc.) online with File #1 only. I came to this thread hoping to find a code or a save so that we could do that with the NTSC J version. Any luck?

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 am

Download a save file of GameFAQS that has them unlocked. Transfer data from File 2 to File 1 (giving you them on both). Delete your File 2 save and import them back on a new save if you wanna clear out the player's gameplay statistics.

Also, welcome to the server. :D
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Limey

Postby Limey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Lookie 'ere, it's my nemesis!
Visit The Yurei Discord, horror fans: https://discord.gg/jkAq6Yk

wictorious

Postby wictorious » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Glad to have you back. Hope you'll indulge us with more of your crazy brand of storytelling in the near future.
HN: Wictoriously || ID: DOCTOR

StickBreitling

Postby StickBreitling » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Download a save file of GameFAQS that has them unlocked. Transfer data from File 2 to File 1 (giving you them on both). Delete your File 2 save and import them back on a new save if you wanna clear out the player's gameplay statistics.
I didn't think to delete my File 2 save and import from File 1 to clear statistics. That's a good idea; thanks.

As for the File 3 NPCs, the only save I found on GameFAQs for JP File #2 is a save that unlocks everything BUT the File 3 NPCs. All File 3-related saves on there are for the US or PAL version.
There's a JP File 1 save on there too that I won't be able to try until I get the game, but it doesn't mention that is has File 3 NPCs.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:10 am

I didn't think to delete my File 2 save and import from File 1 to clear statistics. That's a good idea; thanks.

As for the File 3 NPCs, the only save I found on GameFAQs for JP File #2 is a save that unlocks everything BUT the File 3 NPCs. All File 3-related saves on there are for the US or PAL version.
There's a JP File 1 save on there too that I won't be able to try until I get the game, but it doesn't mention that is has File 3 NPCs.
Ah, apologies. I forgot to mention that you need to convert one of the US saves into Japanese. Use a program called "PS2 Save Builder".
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

wictorious

Postby wictorious » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 am

Here's a Japanese save file a fellow member uploaded a while back. I used it and it worked perfectly for me. All NPCs unlocked, Files 1-3. The only things that aren't unlocked are the C costumes for males and D & E costumes for females, if I remember correctly.
HN: Wictoriously || ID: DOCTOR

StickBreitling

Postby StickBreitling » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:59 am

Ah, apologies. I forgot to mention that you need to convert one of the US saves into Japanese. Use a program called "PS2 Save Builder".
Two things.
1.) I hate doing shit like "conversion" and "modding" for games. It's techie crap, and techie crap ain't a strength of mine. I'm lucky that I even figured out how to "mod" a disc tray so that I could use Swap Magic, learned to pull & uncrush AR Max saves from the internet, or got on a private MGO1 server.
2.) I said "screw it" and gave the PS2 Save Builder a shot like you suggested. I saw a bunch of annoying tutorials that only stated 'NTSC-to-PAL' conversion so I just got fed up and winged a NTSC-to-JP conversion.....and it worked. I used a NTSC save from GameFAQs with File 3 NPCs and converted it to a JP save. You definitely know your stuff, buddy. Thanks.

It's not hard to do, but it's definitely not spelt-out for people like me who suck at this stuff. And some tutorials that claim to "explain it simply" were obviously done by someone who doesn't talk to normal people that much.
Thanks again for your help, everyone.

Creflo

Postby Creflo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Howdy, Stick.

Return to “Introduction”