We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

File #2 new/old areas and game modes

short notes for those not reading all the forums
JinKazama

Re: File #2 new/old areas and game modes

Postby JinKazama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:58 am

Can't wait for the SECRET area to go back up! I bet you'll have some fun surprises in store better than what was available on the old servers, just the point multipliers :)
HN: Natsu
Favorite characters: Cindy, David, George, Kevin

Ada

Postby Ada » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:05 pm

That was my question - I think the_fog didn't see it, what are the possibilities for the events? Aside from points multipliers and virus percentage? Would it be possible, for example, to add more zombies at the end of DT? Or to change possible items locations?

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:10 pm

That was my question - I think the_fog didn't see it, what are the possibilities for the events? Aside from points multipliers and virus percentage? Would it be possible, for example, to add more zombies at the end of DT? Or to change possible items locations?
I am pretty sure those types of things are not possible. I know that there have been other people doing mods where they change enemy types up, and were looking into (or did figure out item placement). That kind of thing would require everyone to mod their discs themselves. But I don't think server side anything can be done about it :( (unless fog says otherwise!)

Fairly certain that yes the multipliers and virus % can be done. As well as shiny SP items? Not sure what else there was.
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 am

I am pretty sure those types of things are not possible. I know that there have been other people doing mods where they change enemy types up, and were looking into (or did figure out item placement). That kind of thing would require everyone to mod their discs themselves. But I don't think server side anything can be done about it :( (unless fog says otherwise!)

Fairly certain that yes the multipliers and virus % can be done. As well as shiny SP items? Not sure what else there was.
We are very limited what can be done server sided.
- initial virus gauge
- glowing special items
- points multiplier
- nightmare mode
- friendly fire

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 am

Glowing SP items would be nice for those trying to unlock the Ms Water/Peach characters and those trying to unlock the special costumes.

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am

Glowing SP items would be nice for those trying to unlock the Ms Water/Peach characters and those trying to unlock the special costumes.
Some testing was done with this feature but Im not sure what went down (to my knowledge). Virus Gauge % modifiers were also tested a bit, and I did play one game on UB VH starting at 80%! Im a big fan of both, and the SP items really shows you stuff you never knew existed.
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

Ada

Postby Ada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 am

Nice! I hope we can get those soon :)

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:36 am

Promised. But the SECRET area is acting very strange compared to the others, I have yet to find out how to control it and that needs time.

Ada

Postby Ada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 pm

What do you mean "acting strange"?

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:53 pm

What do you mean "acting strange"?
It can't be handled the same way by the server like the other areas. By using the normal functions for setting game rules etc. the console will crash. When time allows I will find out what's wrong and open the secret area, too.

Ada

Postby Ada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Oh, ok, that's odd. I have no idea how the server works, but I wouldn't have suspected you had to manually set the game rules for the other areas, I would have thought it was already set by default, and that you could only change the settings for the secret area...
I hope you'll find what's wrong. Good luck and I'd like to say thank you for all your hard work, I'm very happy to play Outbreak online again.

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 am

Promised. But the SECRET area is acting very strange compared to the others, I have yet to find out how to control it and that needs time.
Thanks fog. <3

Not too interested in Points multipliers, you can earn tons just doing SD1 VH solo. Glowing SP Items would be great on a regular basis.

Appreciate all your hard work.

Return to “News”