We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

File #2 new/old areas and game modes

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

File #2 new/old areas and game modes

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:39 pm

It took a while but again we are a little bit closer to the original servers ;)

The old areas are back with NIGHTMARE mode, FRIENDLY FIRE, PANIC mode (=nightmare+friendly fire), male only characters, female only characters, playing showdown 1-3 and elimination 1-3 (even if you haven't unlocked those offline!). The only thing that's missing is the Inifinity area. That's because I am using that one as the betatest area. But it will also come back very soon.

Thought it would be a nice xmas gift 8)

Also the SECRET area will be used in the future to create some interesting events with very special game modes.

RE_Freak

Re: File #2 new/old areas and game modes

Postby RE_Freak » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 pm

I just logged in and noticed the changes to the lobby, I was having issues logging in earlier and I now assume it was because you were updating the lobby, thanks for the xmas gift man!

Been wanting to play panic and nightmare mode again like crazy, especially panic mode, so i'm really happy it's back, Panic mode SD3's here I come. 8)
|ID: ZOMBIE | HN: RE_Freak | Platform: PS2 HDD FMCB + OPL Image[align=right]Praise Bob!Image[/align]

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 pm

I was having issues logging in earlier
Yes, I got your PM (and several more). Sorry for not answering.

Everytime the login page says "Sorry, admins at work. Please try again later ;-)" it means we are locking out everybody to update some major things.

RE_Freak

Postby RE_Freak » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:04 pm

"Sorry, admins at work. Please try again later ;-)"
It didn't actually give me that exact message on any of the pages, so that's why I was confused. It told me my login information was incorrect and that my password didn't match my login name, but I assumed something was happening anyways, so cheers man, thanks.
|ID: ZOMBIE | HN: RE_Freak | Platform: PS2 HDD FMCB + OPL Image[align=right]Praise Bob!Image[/align]

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I was having issues logging in earlier
Yes, I got your PM (and several more). Sorry for not answering.

Everytime the login page says "Sorry, admins at work. Please try again later ;-)" it means we are locking out everybody to update some major things.
Yeah i just got the ID wont work message aswell
maybe u should make one for when you specifically Ban somone like "You are banned for this long" or something
be less confusing

Hunk_4TH

Postby Hunk_4TH » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks for getting back online fog! I hope Virus's and my findings helped some.

biohazard_star

Postby biohazard_star » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:23 am

I can't seem to get past the 'Now Loading' screen after the DNAS check screen/before log-in screen on both games. I wonder if it's related to the upgrade? I could connect and play on File 2 just fine before that. :(

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 am

I can't seem to get past the 'Now Loading' screen after the DNAS check screen/before log-in screen on both games. I wonder if it's related to the upgrade? I could connect and play on File 2 just fine before that. :(
No it isn't related to the upgrade. File1 wasn't part of the upgrade and as long as the forum is reachable and the DNS server is up the login screen (for both games) should be visible, too.

biohazard_star

Postby biohazard_star » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:57 am

No it isn't related to the upgrade. File1 wasn't part of the upgrade and as long as the forum is reachable and the DNS server is up the login screen (for both games) should be visible, too.
Thanks for replying. Anyway, I found the problem. It seems like if I use my File 2 network settings file for File 1 (and vice-versa) it can't get past the loading screen. I made fresh new separate memory cards for both games and they both work now.

skywide

Postby skywide » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I love you,fog!!

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 am

Thank you so much for adding these new areas, Fog!
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Ada

Postby Ada » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Also the SECRET area will be used in the future to create some interesting events with very special game modes.
I searched the forum, hoping to find something like this :) Events like on the original servers, with point multiplier and such? What are the possibilities?

ChrisRedfeld97

Postby ChrisRedfeld97 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:15 pm

hey maybe someday we can have more than 4 players in a game! (wishfull thinking but just imagin :eek: )

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:10 pm

hey maybe someday we can have more than 4 players in a game! (wishfull thinking but just imagin :eek: )
Most probably this will only be possible with a rewrite of the online portion of the game. I think the chances that this happens are lesser than a revival of the PAL servers.

ChrisRedfeld97

Postby ChrisRedfeld97 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 pm

i figured as much :))

Return to “News”