We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Creation of new IDs

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Creation of new IDs

Postby the_fog » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Some of you might have recognized that it was not possible to create a new userid for the last couple of days.

Bad news are that the functions I was reworking aren't complete yet and my sparetime is very limited to do so in the near future. Good news are that I switched back to the former set of functions and reactivated ID creation.

In the logfiles I have seen several occurences of double/triple and more logins from different IPs with the same userid(s). Since this is a free server there is no money involved or saved from giving away user credentials. BUT the server disconnects existing connections of a userid with every new user trying to login with the same userid!
I want to point out that this is an intended behaviour of the server. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to differentiate the players from each other and online play wouldn't be possible. This has nothing to do with instability, bugs, conspiration, banning or whatever people might think are the causes. Players using a somehow published login will experience disconnections, reconnection problems and more.

This said I advise you to keep your personal login safe. Don't publish it. There is no need and no use for leaked userids. They only frustrate players using them and cause work on the admin's side for deactivation.

gardi_14

Re: Creation of new IDs

Postby gardi_14 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:29 am

good news!! thank you!!

skywide

Postby skywide » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:57 am

thank you very much!!!

but i can't login the server until now :(

Clonest

Postby Clonest » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

thank you very much!!!

You mean couldn't until just now?, isn't that a good thing? :)

skywide

Postby skywide » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 pm

thank you very much!!!

You mean couldn't until just now?, isn't that a good thing? :)
i mean i can't enter the login page......

msrt2

Postby msrt2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 am

Is new user creation currently active or is it back down? I searched around the forums and this topic seems to be the latest update on the matter. When I try to create an account, it says the user ID is taken and to try another one. I saw some people mentioning it may be router related, so I tried both with and without the router to no avail with a wide variety of possible usernames/passwords.

Really appreciate the time you guys have put into this. Outbreak was one of my favorite games back in the day, hoping to revisit it soon. Thanks, keep up the good work!

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 am

Is new user creation currently active or is it back down?
Totally active ;)

msrt2

Postby msrt2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:06 am

Is new user creation currently active or is it back down?
Totally active ;)
Apologies if this is an inappropriate topic to ask, but has there been any progress in resolving this issue? I have no difficulty connecting to the server or anything like that so far, but whether my connection is directly from the modem or the router, the result is the same when trying to create an account.

If there is time to allocate a test account, I would gladly attempt to connect with it for the sake of resolving the problem for myself and others that have come across it. I only have one PC with which to test (a gaming laptop that runs the game fine), but I don't mind helping.

Solidcolb

Postby Solidcolb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm sure you are barraged with id requests for play testing but i would love to help if possible. im on fat ps2 using swap magic and everything looks clear for connection. I have actually held a job as a QA Tester for a company called Pi Studios developing wii ports for harmonix games a few years ago so I have experience in play testing/bug logging. Also I have logged a fair amount of outbreak 1&2 hours during it's hayday as well as on the jap servers. I'm not gunna be pissy if your stocked up atm, just getting it out there.

Keep up the great work freedom fighters!

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 pm

im on fat ps2 using swap magic and everything looks clear for connection.
Then just go on, create your ID and have fun ;)

Solidcolb

Postby Solidcolb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Nvm. I figured it out

wardy

Postby wardy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm

i will create it as soon as i get pass the d 36%

Plz dont turn it off until than :D

msrt2

Postby msrt2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 am

With a friend's aid, I had an account made, but it returns a message about the wrong credentials upon attempting to login despite them definitely being correct. Since I've tried it with and without the router, I'm guessing this problem comes down to either the modem I'm using or something in my laptop's setup. The former is seeming increasingly likely. I'll investigate it today and report back anything I find.

Return to “News”