We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Isles487

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby Isles487 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Also, 4x1 with survivors having guns? That would be a first :geek:

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 pm

I keep seeing "4v1" speculation, but literally nothing has been confirmed, so I don't know why that keeps being thrown around.
I've taken it upon myself to look through all of the comments on that thread. About 5 pages in somebody suggested that the 4v1 could mean 4 vs 1 world or PVE. And then the mod who claimed it to have 4v1 responded along the lines of "yeah it's possible"

Really makes me question how the conversation between the mod and the "insider" went down.

Insider: So it's gonna have 4v1.
Mod: Ok, cool.

*End conversation*

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:04 am

I keep seeing "4v1" speculation, but literally nothing has been confirmed, so I don't know why that keeps being thrown around.
I've taken it upon myself to look through all of the comments on that thread. About 5 pages in somebody suggested that the 4v1 could mean 4 vs 1 world or PVE. And then the mod who claimed it to have 4v1 responded along the lines of "yeah it's possible"

Really makes me question how the conversation between the mod and the "insider" went down.

Insider: So it's gonna have 4v1.
Mod: Ok, cool.

*End conversation*
It just sounds ridiculous, yeah. You'd think the "insider" could provide a bit more information than that.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:20 am

Two theories:
A) This is an Outbreak spiritual successor.
B) This is Outbreak and these are the redesigns for Yoko, Jim, Kevin & Alyssa.
I think you are right on both points, each character vaguely resembles their OB counterpart.
Both female protagonists also have similar stances to their presumed original Outbreak counterparts in-game.
Nice catch.

Also, why are people listening to ResetEra? That's the extreme left version of 8chan on the Internet.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:31 am

The characters presented look nothing like their counterparts. Kevin is far too young. My bet is on a spiritual successor or a completely new spinoff with coop.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:02 am

The characters presented look nothing like their counterparts. Kevin is far too young. My bet is on a spiritual successor or a completely new spinoff with coop.
To be honest the "leader" guy looks more like a David and the dog tags he has leans more towards military which David could have done in his "mysterious" past or this could be Billy's brother or long lost cousin or something? But it makes sense that they won't look like the OG characters since Capcom is running with the Face scan tech which requires real actors (I mean look at RE7's Chris) And if that is the case it's gonna be difficult finding 8 actors that look spot on or even similar to the original cast for what would probably be a lower budget title.

It's also possible that they're rebuilding the Outbreak cast from the ground up, notice how in REmake 2 Kevin wasn't mentioned anywhere in the RPD And Kevin being one of the main cast characters while Rita a side character in one scenario had her own Concrete backstory and even her own damn desk? Kevin's desk is in the East office in File 2 and in Remake 2 there's no mention of him at all, there. Just the same copy/pasted desk you see everywhere in the RPD. So it almost feels like they purposely excluded him for whatever reason unless if they actually forgot that he existed. So it's possible that they just ripped him from the story and plan to rebuild him as a whole or just cut him from the series entirely.

While yes Alyssa has her newspaper clipping in RE7 all that did was confirm that she exists. They're free to do whatever with her backstory and the other unconfirmed OB cast beyond that and forgo everything that Outbreak built (Let's be honest Outbreak's story structure is haphazard at best thanks to us missing 80% of the originally planned scenarios) Instead of her being 28, now she's going to be 18. And by the end of this "Reimagining" title she decides to pursue reporting so it still lines up with what we see in RE7.

just a crazy theory.

But honestly it's hard to be optimistic especially with Outbreak not even being an option as a favorite RE title in the Ambassador playtest registration. Unless if they did that to throw fans off which I find difficult to believe.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:02 am

The characters presented look nothing like their counterparts.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:31 am

Both female protagonists also have similar stances to their presumed original Outbreak counterparts in-game.

It's totally mid life crisis Alyssa trying to act young.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:43 am

It's totally mid life crisis Alyssa trying to act young.
Both her and the male "lead" look like they're in their 30's in my opinion.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 am

The characters presented look nothing like their counterparts.
ROFL
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

JKelso

Postby JKelso » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 am

Lul yeah I do not think this is a reimagining of old characters. Too little info :|

Ada

Postby Ada » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes, I have noticed this for the girl in yellow. Her face seems different from Yoko's and she looks like she's 12 years old but everything else matches : the glasses could be from Yoko:Z, the braid on the side could be from Yoko:D, her awkward silhouette resembles Yoko's, and that stance is just exactly the same, the way she keeps her left arm folded against her body is really obvious. Even the clothes, even if they're different, the style in general matches Yoko's. So she could be a new, uglier, younger version of Yoko.

The blonde girl also has a very similar stance to Alyssa's indeed now that you mention it, I should have seen it since I mostly play as her. And there's also the haircut. What bothers me is that makeup and the piercing, and her general style with the crop top and the leather clothes. Not Alyssa's style at all, and not a journalist's outfit either. She looks young on one picture and older on another so it's pretty difficult to guess if she's 20 or 30 without better pictures or the full video. If she really is Alyssa, it's possible they changed the characters backgrounds, their occupations, ages... I wouldn't be happy about that, especially since they mentioned Alyssa in RE7 as a journalist it wouldn't make sense. It could be a bonus costume for Alyssa, but characters are never shown for the first time wearing alternative outfits, so it can't be that.

The guy with the check shirt doesn't look like Jim, to me he looks like Chris Brown and Taylor Lautner had a child together, he's not even blonde, but it could be a new version of him. The fact that he's holding a baseball bat could also be a reference to the fact that Jim's good with melee weapons. And by default, there is only one young black guy in the original cast, so if this is Outbreak, then this character could be Jim. But he doesn't have Jim's stance, while the short girl in yellow and the blonde girl have Yoko's and Alyssa's, so I'm not as positive that this young man could be Jim.

And there is that guy with the Raccoon jacket. Honestly, he doesn't look like any of the males from the Outbreak cast. And he looks too old to be a college student, or a high-school student, so what's with the outfit.
He looks like he's half white half Asian, maybe, and none of the male characters from the main cast are Asian, so I would be very disappointed if he turned out to be Kevin, or any of the other male characters for that matter. So I like to think that maybe, if this game is a new Outbreak, they added more characters to the original 8 and this guy could be one of them - and maybe, the guy with the check shirt is also a new character and he's not Jim.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 pm

especially since they mentioned Alyssa in RE7 as a journalist it wouldn't make sense.
Alyssa works at Buzzfeed.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Yeah I think it's more likely that they may be new characters since people wouldn't be too happy with them rebooting/redesigning the characters but then again we have the last couple games with characters being redesigned one way or another.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 pm

Yeah I think it's more likely that they may be new characters since people wouldn't be too happy with them rebooting/redesigning the characters but then again we have the last couple games with characters being redesigned one way or another.
Would be nice to see some unlockable Outbreak characters if that was the case!

Return to “News”