We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

They've changed the domain for Outbreak as with RE2 one!

short notes for those not reading all the forums
blackcat

Re: They've changed the domain for Outbreak as with RE2 one!

Postby blackcat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 am

To be honest, I don’t believe there will ever be an Outbreak Remake. Of course this is just a gut feeling, but following this over decades now, simply gives me the impression that the whole concept of Outbreak doesn’t fit into Capcom’s product line. I’m sure there are some people supporting the case but they get older, too.
Btw., if someone from Capcom is reading our forums: Prove me wrong please!
I agree Outbreak was pretty creative and adventurous for its time, They had a vision when they made the concepts. I doubt it will translate well +10 years later. :~

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 pm

To be honest, I don’t believe there will ever be an Outbreak Remake. Of course this is just a gut feeling, but following this over decades now, simply gives me the impression that the whole concept of Outbreak doesn’t fit into Capcom’s product line. I’m sure there are some people supporting the case but they get older, too.
Btw., if someone from Capcom is reading our forums: Prove me wrong please!
I agree Outbreak was pretty creative and adventurous for its time, They had a vision when they made the concepts. I doubt it will translate well +10 years later. :~
I disagree. Outbreak to its core was meant to be a multiplayer version of Survival horror Resident evil and it nailed that much. Sure it had its problems but Outbreak achieved what it set out to do.

Now, would a port of OB work in todays market? Probably not. The Ad-lib system is outdated and proper voice chat would be needed while just saving the characters lines for cutscenes or to make occasional comments. The fixed camera's isn't going to sit well with most gamers of today either. While I would love to see a REmake 1 style of remake, it's never going to happen. So honestly, Capcom will probably just continue in the same style as the new released REmake 2 if they were to Remake Outbreak.

I agree where you're both coming from, but at the same time I can't imagine Capcom not at the very least considering a Co-op title in the same style as Remake2 and 3 (If and when it happens) Though Capcom has made questionable decisions before *Cough* Rita having a Desk in the remake but Kevin doesn't have one *Cough*

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:15 am

I disagree. Outbreak to its core was meant to be a multiplayer version of Survival horror Resident evil and it nailed that much. Sure it had its problems but Outbreak achieved what it set out to do.

Now, would a port of OB work in todays market? Probably not. The Ad-lib system is outdated and proper voice chat would be needed while just saving the characters lines for cutscenes or to make occasional comments. The fixed camera's isn't going to sit well with most gamers of today either. While I would love to see a REmake 1 style of remake, it's never going to happen. So honestly, Capcom will probably just continue in the same style as the new released REmake 2 if they were to Remake Outbreak.

I agree where you're both coming from, but at the same time I can't imagine Capcom not at the very least considering a Co-op title in the same style as Remake2 and 3 (If and when it happens) Though Capcom has made questionable decisions before *Cough* Rita having a Desk in the remake but Kevin doesn't have one *Cough*
You're talking about the technicalities here, what i'm saying is that Outbreak as a game had a very unique creative concept that will not translate well in modern times. Unlike RE2, Outbreak used the full potential of fixed camera angles to deliver its unique experience. thus am not so confident about Capcom remaking outbreak in the same vein as 2.
Last edited by blackcat on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:37 am

You're talking about the technicalities here, what i'm saying is that Outbreak as a game had a very unique concept that will not translate well in modern times. Unlike RE2, Outbreak used the full potential of fixed camera angles to deliver its unique experienced. thus am not so confident about Capcom remaking outbreak in the same vein as 2.
Totally agree. The fixed camera may seem insignificant but it was really central to how the story was told and how the game world was portrayed. Changing the camera to something else would be akin to, say, remaking Star Wars and turning it into a shaky cam docu drama.

jochs

Postby jochs » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 pm

Again

morshi_743

Postby morshi_743 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:49 pm

8)

Redemption77

Postby Redemption77 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:22 am

File 123 on one game. OMG
With File 1 ad libs for main characters & NPCs.
Your worser than my ex wife.

Redemption77

Postby Redemption77 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:22 am

8)
And your worser than my dog.

mhf

Postby mhf » Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Again

Capcom bout' Outbreak remaster: Let me go
Fans : No, its too dangerous to go back now
Capcom : i promise ill be back before you know it
*rumors from 2016*
:-[

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:12 am

File 123 on one game. OMG
With File 1 ad libs for main characters & NPCs.
Your worser than my ex wife.
It's still too early to give up... DON'T GIVE UP!!!
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:34 am

God, an outbreak remake in the vein of re2 remake, that would be killer...

Return to “News”