We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

They've changed the domain for Outbreak as with RE2 one!

short notes for those not reading all the forums
belbonassa

Re: They've changed the domain for Outbreak as with RE2 one!

Postby belbonassa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Does this mean Outbreak w/ leaderboards? O.O
Oh i can sense our speedrunners in that...

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:40 am

I wouldn't doubt it. People would just cheat anyway, but point ranking was one of my favorite things about Outbreak.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

belbonassa

Postby belbonassa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:52 pm

I wouldn't doubt it. People would just cheat anyway, but point ranking was one of my favorite things about Outbreak.
Lol if i managed to end the scenario alive i would already feel a winner

porkers

Postby porkers » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:14 pm

:eek:
SCPH-79001CW - McBoot 1.94 Memory Card

jochs

Postby jochs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:57 am

They updated it again

I'd say there's a decent chance this could get revealed at The Game Awards 2018 on Thursday.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 am

They could also be revealing it for the release of RE2make.

alinho

Postby alinho » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 am

OK
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Mango

Postby Mango » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:06 pm

no news so far huh?

jochs

Postby jochs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

no news so far huh?
No. On Twitter, Capcom Dev 1 teased that there'd be a "present" for the holidays, but chances are it's a demo for Resident Evil 2.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:09 am

My prediction is that they're going to announce it on the release of RE2make followed by the announcement that RE3make is in development.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:40 am

REmake 2 already has several references to Outbreak. With Rita being a confirmed Canon character and the statue passage being her idea in the remake (In outbreak file 2 it was Marvin's idea) with several notes talking about it. Her desk is also present and as a part of a puzzle for Leon to unlock his own desk. A user on gamefaqs stated that there's a poster of Raymond as the RPD chief (Raymond being the cop that helps you outside of J's bar in file 1) I only manage to see his post several weeks after he posted it so I was not able to contact him to get a confirmation screenshot or footage of it, so take it with a grain of salt. There's also "Raccoon city mascot" toy collectibles in the game which is the official mascot of Raccoon zoo which originated in OB file 2. There's also Raccoon city mascot collectibles in ORC which may have been added by some of the Outbreak staff that worked on it.

Since RIta's desk is in the game then chances are we'll see Kevin's in the opposite wing (Which is where it is in File 2) Maybe we can even get his gun or a note?

Another thing worth mentioning is that it seems like the devs are looking at Remake2 as the new Canon (Which makes sense)So, what does that mean? Well, if they're already confirming Outbreak events (though altered slightly) then chances are they're going to want to re-canon tho's titles as well. But they may do it with memo's/events in remake 2 (And remake 3 if and when it happens) Instead of a new Outbreak title or remaking them. Though, with long detailed memo's about Rita going underground I wouldn't be surprised if there's an unlockable side story where you play as Rita and see what she did/went through underground to help the OB survivors escape and see how Marvin got messed up. Because again: In file 2, Marvin got hurt by a civilian Zombie while in REmake2 he hinted that he was hurt by a zombie in uniform.

It also would just make sense for them to remake OB Canon-wise and to take advantage of the then-fresh remake formula. Since the explosion of positive feedback given about how good REmake 2 looks Capcom has expressed that they wanted to remake more titles. RE3 is a near no-brainer and Outbreak can take the Remake formula into multiplayer territory while using assets from Remake 2 and (then) 3 as a foundation for it since all 3 titles are based in Raccon city. None of this is confirmed obviously but it seems to make the most sense. Only issue I can see here is that they may not want to make 3 back-to-back remakes all based in the same city and the same genre to over saturate it.

www.residenteviloutbreak.com
www.monsterhuntercommunity.com
www.vscapcom.com

All 3 of these pages are made by Tom J and all currently have the white page with "OK" in the corner just the same as Residentevil2.com did last year. Monster hunter is still very much a thriving franchise so I'm not exactly sure why they have a general community site in limbo. And the last Capcom VS game was ages ago, so this could mean a possible upcoming game for that series as well.

Don't let this discourage you too much. Last year (around the time that this thread was created) I did digging on Tom j and what other domains he owned (At that time I knew that he owned RE 2, RE Outbreak and Capcom.com) and found a website that displayed every domain he owned. At that time he owned over 80 domains, many of which were associated with Capcom. I confirmed this by searching various domains listed on google domains and the info did match. But after doing the same search last month, the guy only has 5 to his name now. Why did he get rid of over 75 domains? But Outbreak wasn't one of them but Capcom.com was? Mindboggling, really.

here's a link to that...
https://website.informer.com/email/tomj@capcom.com

So why are the 3 pages listed above, blank with "OK" in the corner while Darkvoid's page is still up and going? (Darkvoid being a long dead ps3/360 game) that would be the same reason why Outbreak file 2's page is still up and running... http://www.capcom.com/reof2/main.html
these pages are probably still up because Capcom has no plans to do anything further with it and can't even be bothered to take the time to remove them or even wipe them. If Capcom felt that way about OB as a whole then they wouldn't have touched www.residenteviloutbreak.com and just left it the way it was like file 2's page. Because if they do intend to remake it they're gonna use its own specific domain and not have it joined to Capcoms official website (which has been dying)

I'll probably babble more mad scientist theories later when I think of more pipe dream grade stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the REMAKE2 reveal being from the Rat's perspective was a huge throwback to the opening in Outbreak or at least I think it is.

Ptirle

Postby Ptirle » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 am

hauntingground.com says OK also.

jochs

Postby jochs » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:41 am

Resident Evil 2 is out already and performing very well, but I'm sure Capcom will be expecting a bump in sales after the free DLC is released in 2 weeks. A reveal for an Outbreak title definitely wouldn't be until after the DLC is released as it wouldn't be a smart decision to advertise another entry to the series when more content is on the way very soon. We just gotta be patient. No sense in digging up all these other domains. I'm not buying into the whole coincidence thing when Outbreak's domain was updated like 3 times in 2018 alone.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:12 am

Resident Evil 2 is out already and performing very well, but I'm sure Capcom will be expecting a bump in sales after the free DLC is released in 2 weeks. A reveal for an Outbreak title definitely wouldn't be until after the DLC is released as it wouldn't be a smart decision to advertise another entry to the series when more content is on the way very soon. We just gotta be patient. No sense in digging up all these other domains. I'm not buying into the whole coincidence thing when Outbreak's domain was updated like 3 times in 2018 alone.
It's pretty much confirmed that Capcom is working on REmake 3 now as we speak. What would make the most sense to me is if they started working on OB remake towards the mid-end of RE3's Development. Since Outbreak is also based in Raccoon city and at the same time as both RE2 and 3 it would be smart for it to be saved for last and borrow assets from both titles since OB, out of the 3 is the most uncertain when it comes to it being a success since file 2 failed (even if it was the fault of Capcom's) So to save all the assets for OB and make the development process as cheap as possible would probably be best. Also, by then the Remake formula would be familiar to the public so it would make sense to try and bring that formula to a Co-op environment. And be a first legitimate Co-op survival horror experience that we've seen in decades, loads of potential and with how well RE2 was done, I believe Capcom can pull it off.

But here's why Capcom may not work on an OB remake after/Before RE3. After RE2 and RE3 is Capcom going to really want to work on a 3rd RE remake in a row that's based in the same city, yet again? They may want to, but they may think that they'll overstay their welcome if they do 3 in a row. And Dino Crisis has a following as well that I'm sure Capcom would like to test the new formula on. If and when this site and the OB servers suddenly shut down that's when you know something is in motion. (A fan remake of RE2 was Canned immediately after Capcom announced that they were REmaking RE2) And while the servers here aren't a remake of any sort Capcom may still feel that this site will cut into their sales/hype of an OB remake. And no, them shutting this place down isn't them being anti-everybody. Capcom knew about this site and its servers for years, only reason for them to take action is if they started working on something OB related, themselves.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 am

To be honest, I don’t believe there will ever be an Outbreak Remake. Of course this is just a gut feeling, but following this over decades now, simply gives me the impression that the whole concept of Outbreak doesn’t fit into Capcom’s product line. I’m sure there are some people supporting the case but they get older, too.
Btw., if someone from Capcom is reading our forums: Prove me wrong please!

Return to “News”