We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Obsrv.org 4th Anniversary

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Re: Obsrv.org 4th Anniversary

Postby the_fog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Wow, four years official Outbreak servers...

I can still remember the first steps I took together with Isles. It was only a few weeks before the official servers closed and we were in danger of running out of time. Isles was capturing packets like a maniac, I was analyzing and coding all night and we were a little bit frightened if we did enough after the servers closed. But we were rewarded with the great feeling that we're the only ones on the whole planet being able to see the online mode when the first real multiplayer session worked for us. It was EOTR and lasted about 3 or 4 minutes. Both on real PS2, buggy as f#. From there it was still a long way but we were sure everything would work in the end. Outbreak online mode would be safe forever.

I want to thank everyone actively involved in this community keeping this project alive. You, the moderators are doing a great job managing this forum! Also, I'd like to thank darkscorpius for taking over the administrative and server running part. This gave me the needed time for other projects. I enjoy the shoutbox from time to time. It's a pretty unique feature, thank you Alinho for creating this one for us.

Last but not least I encourage you all to continue playing Outbreak. You are the reason why we created this server and why it's still around. Keep on the good spirit!

alinho

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:14 am

I enjoy the shoutbox from time to time. It's a pretty unique feature, thank you Alhino for creating this one for us.
About that, we need to talk about something whenever you're available. PM me.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

hunkBHFR

Postby hunkBHFR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Thank you for your time & your daily compassion for Resident Evil Outbreak Titles.
This is unbelievable to play once again Outbreak adventures online in 2018.
Happy Birthday to obsvr all staff & communauty.
V108EA - hunkBHFR

Ada

Postby Ada » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

I'm a little late on this thread but I also wanted to thank you all for your hard work. When I heard the news four years ago I was so happy and so excited, even more when I got everything to work on my end. I was playing on PS2 at first, now on emulator, and this is a fantastic gaming experience, thanks to you guys. Prior to Obsrv opening I hadn't played the games in years and I decided not to use my old japanese savegame but to start fresh with a blank one, I wanted to do it all over again :)
Reading what the_fog said about capturing packets before the official japanese server closed and coding like crazy to try to recreate the server sounds like an incredibly exciting experience. What you've done is amazing! I hope this server stays alive for many years. Btw, are you still not considering donations?
Also, the autologin feature is a great one, thanks Alinho, myAbsolution and everyone working on the server, as well as Silent Hell for the translation patches :)

Godot

Postby Godot » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 pm

How time flies indeed. This was literally one of my dreams becoming true.
Thank you. Always.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Thank you all so much for the hard work.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

morshi_743

Postby morshi_743 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 pm

thank u

Lapreea

Postby Lapreea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Thank you staff for keeping this game online, before the launch of this site in 2014, I was playing single player lone wolf throughout my teenage years, lol... always wishing I could play online again :(

xoxo,
Lap

Negan

Postby Negan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Congratulations! Hope this game and community will live for ages.

ss4gogeta0

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:43 am

congrats and I will continue to spread the word ;)

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 am

long live to the community ^---^

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 pm

been here since 2013. Many good times with all of you.
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

Return to “News”