We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Name Change Policy

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Silent Hell

Name Change Policy

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 am

Over the years, we've received many requests from users to change usernames. This wasn't really an issue but recently we've received a large influx of users requesting username changes. We've also received requests to immediately change back because changing your username causes you to lose the HN's tied to your account name. Therefore, from this point forward, we are no longer accepting username change requests. This will also make it easier to keep track of users.

We simply do not have the time to be wasting on minor requests. We are sorry to those who no longer like their current usernames.

Leon95

Re: Name Change Policy

Postby Leon95 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Understandable, but am just curious. Is this not a power you can grant to a volunteer here? Someone who doesn't handle the more important server matters? Something that you can add as like, a request under the modbell for a name change (which would then be sent to that volunteer and not all the mods)?

Edit: I suppose that's just another thing to worry about tho. So nevermind.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 am

Changing a username requires moderator privileges. Plus, I don't know who would want to bother with such a task anyway.

Unibrow mann

Postby Unibrow mann » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 am

I’m sure some people wouldn’t mind doing it. Hell I’d volunteer. Also why can’t people just change their name themselves? Why not put stricter rules in place for it, every other gaming community allows name changes they just have policies in place for it.

Mesmeric Rose

Postby Mesmeric Rose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Why not put a restriction on it like Unibrow said. Couldn't you allow a change say every 30 days? Or say you get 1 free change but after that you must wait 6 months or 1 year?

Limey

Postby Limey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:56 am

I'll happily volunteer to change people's names/aliases as with organising/marking obsolete information - less rule enforcement, more miscellaneous tasks. I've long suggested a support team and I'm sure there are other people who'd care to do as well - they love this community just as much. Alternatively as a hypothetical rule, if people have a serious issue with their choice, would it be fine for them to maybe create an alternate account after notifying people (to a certain limit or if they're not very established)?
Visit The Yurei Discord, horror fans: https://discord.gg/jkAq6Yk

Kai Hiwatarii

Postby Kai Hiwatarii » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 am

To be honest, I am used to the whole no online ID changing thing being a PlayStation User/Support agent.
It ruins a lot of stuff in relation to your progress etc and can be hard to monitor.

If its possible I would do like a once every 6 months thing if thats a possible thing but I wouldn't expect it to be
RE: OUTBREAK LIVE STREAM; http://www.twitch.tv/kai_hiwatarii

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 am

The Fog is off working on other projects. He's the only one tech savy enough I'd imagine to allow you to change your own username yourself given the forums work on phpBB. As for restrictions, there is no automated method of knowing who has changed their username however many times, and when. In terms of staff, we also have no method of creating a new class specifically to just change usernames. At this point, we are at a time where the staff is just maintaining the server. The Fog was the coding and new features man, and he's busy with other projects like I said earlier. Sorry to disappoint.

KuriKurisataru

Postby KuriKurisataru » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm

I want my username to be able to hold more characters. 14 isn't enough.
Kate, Regan, Laura (Mains), Etc (necessity)
Image viewtopic.php?f=9&p=39605#p39605

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 am

I want my username to support multiple fonts, colors and have the ability to mutate into some sort of amorphous blob that will pop out of the screen and put anyone in a stranglehold, ill be waiting for this feature 8)

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:20 am

I want my username to support multiple fonts, colors and have the ability to mutate into some sort of amorphous blob that will pop out of the screen and put anyone in a stranglehold, ill be waiting for this feature 8)
I want my username to be colorful and creative with tentacles; depending on my mood, I might consider a change of color!

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm

This is just my opinion.. : There are mods on the forum.. why not put them to work?
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:10 am

You do bring up a good point Martin. But, allow me to appeal to emotion. This is a relatively small community devoted to a old PS2 game not even too many mainstream RE fans know about. If this was a bigger forum, I doubt we'd have any trouble finding new moderators and people willing to change usernames. But, as it stands, and with the history of trouble this small community has run into, it's hard finding moderators we can trust without a doubt that would behave responsibly. We have full-time/part-time jobs/school outside of this community. And as I mentioned early, our jobs are mostly maintaining the server: server resets and handling complaints. Outside of that, the server kind of runs itself. So we'd rather not get spammed with modbell requests asking for username changes. (Yes, this has happened many times.)

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 am

I dont understand why people need to change their usernames constantly. Just pick one and be done with it.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

ultima132

Postby ultima132 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 am

I dont understand why people need to change their usernames constantly. Just pick one and be done with it.

I agree 100%

People need to stop bothering the mods for pointless things.

Return to “News”