We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Unauthorized Access to Files

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Re: Unauthorized Access to Files

Postby the_fog » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

If you followed the progress on this forum you might realize that I was showing the DNS redirecting with the EU version. Doing this is a step in the right direction but it is also FAR away from a complete working server. It's not a simple website to connect, we need to recreate a quite unique proprietary protocol. I have yet to count it but the source has actually something around 7.000 lines of code and is growing.

I can read again the wish of open sourcing the project between the lines. This won't happen for reasons that were stated several times now. Just want to add another point: We aren't acting different than other projects here, or did you see any source code for Phantasy Star Online (scHtserv or bluburst), Matrix online, Pes6j or Metal Gear Online?

jimbob1987

Postby jimbob1987 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:02 pm

well outbreak is the series that everbody has waited for really you find all different communities all over the web.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 pm

well outbreak is the series that everbody has waited for really you find all different communities all over the web.
Outbreak is one of many defunct online games that gamers would like to see revived. It has a dedicated fan base, but it's not "the series."
I can read again the wish of open sourcing the project between the lines.
Reminds me of a scene in the final Matrix movie: http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIfzyYT1Oho

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 am

Reminds me of a scene in the final Matrix movie: http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIfzyYT1Oho
"... just temporary concepts of mankind ... without meaning, without purpose!"
Ah, I like this trilogy!

Fatalfox

Postby Fatalfox » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 am

Its a shame he quit really all that work over 4 years or so i bet he was really close to it, as if you looked through his blog he knew what he was doing he just needed that information to actually create the server.

I think everyone who was involved in trying to make a server should of stuck together and helped out i bet there would be a 100% working server now and maybe some open source so everyone could maybe improve on it, as i think there was about 2 or 3 people with seperate blogs trying to make a server but never really helped each other out Ghostline or something i dunno.
Ghostline actually completely had it finished he had basically everything Fog had completed had both servers up and everything but for some reason thought it was a good idea to post everything he was doing on the official Capcom forums and was quickly contacted by the company to stop what he was making immediately. Yeah Ghostline put the nail in his own coffin there.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 am

Its a shame he quit really all that work over 4 years or so i bet he was really close to it, as if you looked through his blog he knew what he was doing he just needed that information to actually create the server.

I think everyone who was involved in trying to make a server should of stuck together and helped out i bet there would be a 100% working server now and maybe some open source so everyone could maybe improve on it, as i think there was about 2 or 3 people with seperate blogs trying to make a server but never really helped each other out Ghostline or something i dunno.
Ghostline actually completely had it finished he had basically everything Fog had completed had both servers up and everything but for some reason thought it was a good idea to post everything he was doing on the official Capcom forums and was quickly contacted by the company to stop what he was making immediately. Yeah Ghostline put the nail in his own coffin there.
False information is false.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

SimplySwift

Postby SimplySwift » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 am

False information is false.
Perhaps clarification would be better than a quippy response?

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 am

Perhaps clarification would be better than a quippy response?
It is not my job to provide clarification, all I will tell you is his post(about ghostline) is fallacy produced by speculation alone.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

SimplySwift

Postby SimplySwift » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 am

Better to obfuscate and speak through cryptic messages than serve to provide a better understanding for others of what they might have gotten wrong in speculation to stop the misinformation from spreading further?

Anyway, it's a small issue. I am curious myself, but if you don't want to elaborate, it can't be forced.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 am

I wonder why this thread has been revived after half a year. Out of a sudden :D

Capcom never contacted the people involved in the old project(s) as far as I know. And I am very glad that we haven't run into trouble yet. I feel confident that our "no piracy policy" and "no open sourcing policy" help in the case.

There is nothing to clarify, I am closing this thread.

Return to “News”