We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

PS2.NET announced

short notes for those not reading all the forums
ss4gogeta0

Re: PS2.NET announced

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:35 pm

in the defense of PS2.NET... there was a recent facebook post by someone else that gives a bit more "plausible" info about it...

Cam of course was disavowed by the group

The link to the facebook page classyskeleton gave us posted this about 4 hours ago concerning PS2.NET and more:

We would just like to clarify a few things that we are constantly asked. Think of this as a FAQ, in light of the recent problems with a few of our employees revealing a little bit "too much" information.
1. PS2NET is in fact a real project, being worked on by our team who a few of us have former development experience with these network components. HOWEVER, lets get some things in line. PS2NET does *not* support cross game chat, achievements, psp support, dlc, etc. Whatever you may have heard from our rouge employees on forums, we can safely say they are NOT true. PS2NET is ONLY a middle-ware solution for PS2 similar to GameSpy that LAN games as well as titles we have network files for can connect using. As we stated before, the four supported titles are:
- My Street
- The Sims Bustin Out
- Cold Winter
- Burnout 3: Takedown
Additionally, this is NTSC-UC ONLY and will NOT be available elsewhere. We simply do not have the network experience or files to get these games working with copies of games from other regions. There is nothing we can do about this.
Several forums, such as Assembler Games, OBSRV and FreeSO were trolled with incorrect information. We sincerely apologize for this. The person who did this is our marketing director and was not given correct information. This is only partially his fault. This person (who shall not be named) has a bad past with several forums for trolling, harassment and other childish topics. However, we know him personally and he is different. He did not intend for this to get out of control. We apologize for his actions and it will not happen again. PS2NET is going completely private until we are ready to reveal more information, and that will not be until around late summer, to early fall. No exceptions.
2. As for Sations: Sations is still being developed, despite the PS2NET project. Sations, as before, will launch on PC, Wii U, Vita and Dreamcast. The game uses Unity3D for the major versions, while the Dreamcast version uses a lite custom built game engine that can run on the console. Sations is still a fixed angle, pre rendered background, survival horror game, similar to Capcoms Resident Evil. This project will launch in Fall 2017.
3. We mentioned a platformer video game. This game has been put on hold while we get some development priorities straight. This game has NOT started coding or initial development and has only gotten into concept. There is no guarantee it will ever be finished.
4. There is some confusion as to how we run our locations. There are TWO locations for MintCookie Games, and we collaborate via Skype and remote desktop tools. Location A is in Ashland, PA, while Location B is in Grand Rapids, MI. Location A has 8 employees, and Location B has 6 employees. Everybody but two employees have prior experience in the game industry dating back to 1989. The other two are both students, one who has shadowed employees from Insomniac Games, and has also worked with Boxer8 with the Ouya console line. While the other has experience only with indie development on Steam Greenlight and Itch.
5. Finally, there is another issue that we want to clear up. It came to our attention that our marketing director, who we mentioned prior, was accused of trying to steal the Resident Evil Outbreak online networking components developed by the team over at OBSRV. This is absolutely unacceptable and will not happen. Regardless of if he tried to or not, we will not support it and will take full measures to help prevent it.
Thank you so much for reading and we apologize for any confusion. There was alot of misconception, lies, deceit and other problems that occurred in the last week and we hope this will clear up any problems.
- Janice Ziegler, Founder
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9710979801

of course, I neither support nor un-support PS2.NET... if it happens it happens, if it doesnt then whatever... no use crying over spilled milk :))

GhzGangster

Postby GhzGangster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Sucks to hear it's really only going to support those 4 games and the PS2.
Sounds good for the people that play those games, though.

If you guys think I could be of use for whatever in the future, let me know.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 pm

So it's just a "rouge" employee.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Hopefully the project goes through. I'd love to play all of these online PS2 classics :D

Maybe one day Final Fantasy 11 will get a fan server :D

camjam

Postby camjam » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:11 pm

BEFORE REPLYING TO ME, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THING!

Just an update that I am no longer with MintCookie Games as the marketing man. :))
Whatever, I have another job lined up anyways, so its no big deal.

Regardless, I wanted to apologize for what was said and what happened. I truly did not mean to do so. This is literally what I was told by two employees of the company and as marketing director on their payroll I obviously have to do what I am told. Regardless of what Janice says I was told to spread the word on any forum I am apart of that is related to gaming, so I did. I simply did what I was told, granted it was a lot of unintentional incorrect information.

Yes, I was exposed that I am ccrogers15, cammers1995, several other user names. I trolled many sites back in my teen years. I was a teen with alot of time on his hands. What do you expect? I've grown up since then, have gotten through college and started working at an indie game studio. Everything had been great for a year or two until this incident, thanks to Janice and her employees at mint cookie games. On another forum I said camjam1995 is not related to ccrogers15. This is absolutely not the case. I am him, but I was told by Janice to make up the story and keep quiet because she didn't want her company dragged into this, but that is too late. :)) Regardless of my termination from the studio, and my trolling past, PS2.net is a real project. It really is.

And no, regardless of what that dude from that sims online project said, No, I am not trying to steal any outbreak code. I've been here since the forum launched. I've played on the servers with you guys for years. I've been here chatting with you guys. If I wanted to steal it, don't you think I would have tried years ago? It seriously was not my intention. I respect what Fog and his friends have done and I respect his decision to keep it private. I love Resident Evil Outbreak. Its consistently been my favorite Resident Evil title for years and I played it back when it was officially online by Capcom on the original SNAP servers. My email is even "residenteviloutbreak@*******.com" lol. I even have my xbox live username as "residentevilout".
I didn't mean to lie, troll or do anything to the people here. Believe it or not, I actually like the people here. (Mostly, although this incident has gotten me to hate a couple people here.). I would never try to do anything like that.

Anyways, I should probably go for a bit. If you want to contact me or whatever, just message my username. I have the notifications set up. Again, I apologize, and despite my termination from the company and how I absolutely despise Janice, PS2.net is a real project that is really happening.

Also, word of advice for people in Ashland, PA who possibly decide to join the studio (they are hiring). DONT.
Janice doesn't do what other studios do. She pays hourly, and its minimum wage. TEN HOURS OF SITTING ON A COMPUTER FOR ONLY 7.25 AN HOUR. Ugh. The dream of mine to work in game development was a mistake. It is NOT what its cracked up to be. Especially when your bosses at the company give you false information that leads to you getting terminated even though it wasn't your fault. Additionally, our equipment for game development is OLD. Our computers were all running Windows Vista SP1 and even used computers from 2008ish. They were slow as a turtle. Its a wonder how Janice thinks we were going to port over Sations to Wii U or Vita. Also, she works you to death. She does NOTHING but stand behind you and point out flaws. This is a woman who should not be in game development or anything involving interaction with people. So, me and my fiance at this point at probably moving back to Michigan now. I loved the Pennsylvania area but I possibly have a job lined up at my dads restaurant until I can get on my feet after this. So we are also going to move back in with him and my dogs. :((

Whatever. At least I've earned unemployment. Lesson learned, don't work for a company like this who tries to get you to make a ton of cover ups and lie. I was doing a great job recovering from my teenage trolling past and thanks to Janice and her company this has probably been ruined. Thanks to that sims online admin who came here named RHY3756547, he has posted on numerous forums exposing this and saying its all fake, and now I've received a ton of spam and hate filled messages on my personal social media accounts so I had to turn both twitter and facebook private. I even messaged him to ask him to stop with the slander and he kept it going anyways, so thanks alot.

I don't know how far really this will go, because Janice is more bark than bite, but she says she will probably be filing a Civil Lawsuit for slander and defamation against a few people who participated in my forum posts. I doubt it will go far, but just putting it out there as a warning just in case. She claims these posts trying to debunk and discredit her company was a violation so she wants to open a suit. She told me that before she fired me, and I laughed and said I will tell them, to which she said she will sue me too. Go ahead. :rolleyes: Nothing hurtful really happened to her company. The only person who could technically sue would be me, because a few people on another forum posted my photos exposing me and that is the forum posts that got me fired from my company. But I am more mature and forgiving, so I won't.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to get my point across.
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:38 pm

S-T-O-P
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Geez, you people really need to take a break Image
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Unibrow mann

Postby Unibrow mann » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:27 am

GhzGangster

Postby GhzGangster » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:04 am

Lol... have a good one.

Regardless, I think they're putting themselves in a bad position, working on this PS2 stuff under the same company.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 am

Well neither the "company" nor the "project(s)" exists sooo...

Not to mention the said "company" is "remaking" a game that never existed.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0

New to the server?

ImageClick me?

alinho

Postby alinho » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:24 am

Well the company nor the project exists sooo...
Lock the thread?
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

Well the company nor the project exists sooo...
Lock the thread?
Might as well.

New to the server?

ImageClick me?

Return to “News”