We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

PS2.NET announced

short notes for those not reading all the forums
ss4gogeta0

Re: PS2.NET announced

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Do so. :)

TS-Bustin Out was great. I used to play it all the time online back then. I'm extremely happy to be apart of the process to bring it back online. :)

Now as a general thing:
If anyone has any backed up packets, source codes, network files, etc, etc, etc, for any PS2 online game, let me know. The more games that we can support on launch, the better.
you guys were a part of the TSO Bustin Out project, werent you?

anyway I could probably try to convince the MGO1 team to hop on... maybe the TM:BO team would join in too... I would really like to get the SOCOM players interested but alas I have no idea where they are...

I shall spread the news to other PS2 gaming sites aswell :D

outy

Postby outy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 pm

From previous posts I had the impression the revival teams of MGO, TMBO, SOCOM and OBSRV know each other and worked together. Now I wonder why none of the staff members express themselves here. Is it because of EA dictating rules or is this just another big lie like the Outbreak HD thing?

No site to visit, no details but two arranged screenshots, no tracks of other people in the project, no proofs of online play. I say this is just another internet hoax and jamcam2011 a liar.

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:47 pm

anyway I could probably try to convince the MGO1 team to hop on... maybe the TM:BO team would join in too... I would really like to get the SOCOM players interested but alas I have no idea where they are...

From previous posts I had the impression the revival teams of MGO, TMBO, SOCOM and OBSRV know each other and worked together. Now I wonder why none of the staff members express themselves here. Is it because of EA dictating rules or is this just another big lie like the Outbreak HD thing?

No site to visit, no details but two arranged screenshots, no tracks of other people in the project, no proofs of online play. I say this is just another internet hoax and jamcam2011 a liar.
The TMBO, Socom, and OBSRV groups are made up of the same small group of people, give or take one person here or there. MGO, the_fog helped them for a while but is not currently working on that project, and that is separate from the rest.
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

ss4gogeta0

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:11 pm

The TMBO, Socom, and OBSRV groups are made up of the same small group of people, give or take one person here or there. MGO, the_fog helped them for a while but is not currently working on that project, and that is separate from the rest.
ive came across a number of the MGO members and have played against atleast one or 2 of them on MGO1... good people, although I feel that the whole network seup up system they have could be much simpler as it requires you to jump through alot of hoops to get on which includes using cheats to bypass the DNS look up (which could easily be patched in)

camjam

Postby camjam » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 am

Do so. :)

TS-Bustin Out was great. I used to play it all the time online back then. I'm extremely happy to be apart of the process to bring it back online. :)

Now as a general thing:
If anyone has any backed up packets, source codes, network files, etc, etc, etc, for any PS2 online game, let me know. The more games that we can support on launch, the better.
you guys were a part of the TSO Bustin Out project, werent you?

We are. TS Bustin Out "Online Weekend" is to be exclusive to this service.

Say what you want, but I assure you, you are sadly mistaken. And its Camjam1995. There is no need to purposely be rude. We aren't releasing anything for similar reasons as to why OBSRV admins won't release code. We don't want to compromise the integrity of the project and unfortunately a few weeks ago someone released a ton of our code on Assembler Games. We are trying to gain people to follow our announcement for when Beta time comes, but at the same time, we don't want to release alot of screens and other information our of fear someone will one up us with the leaked code. Again, you are welcome to believe what you want. Also, we do have a site: https://www.facebook.com/MintCookie-Gam ... 710979801/

Which is why people are calling fake on this project. Believe it or not, OBSRV developers and the affiliated developers are NOT the only people who know how to code. lol
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

GhzGangster

Postby GhzGangster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 am

Hey, this is awesome, OP posted this on SaveMGO too.
I'm really impressed that someone has been tackling this sort of stuff.
I'd be more than willing to let you guys host MGO1, since MrGame already released source for it: https://github.com/curi0us/mgops.
It's certainly not... using the best practices, but it gets the job done. However, I'd be more than happy to help you adapt it or fix it, whatever would need to be done.
I believe we have some old DNAS packets as well, but I don't think that's going to be of any use.

I think it'd be nice to get some PS3 work done in distant future as well, I could probably lend a hand in that department.

camjam

Postby camjam » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 am

Hey, this is awesome, OP posted this on SaveMGO too.
I'm really impressed that someone has been tackling this sort of stuff.
I'd be more than willing to let you guys host MGO1, since MrGame already released source for it: https://github.com/curi0us/mgops.
It's certainly not... using the best practices, but it gets the job done. However, I'd be more than happy to help you adapt it or fix it, whatever would need to be done.
I believe we have some old DNAS packets as well, but I don't think that's going to be of any use.

I think it'd be nice to get some PS3 work done in distant future as well, I could probably lend a hand in that department.
You are welcome to contribute to the project! We could use more help. :)

For the time being though, we aren't going to reveal anything else. As I said before some bad eggs leaked some code and revealed WAY too much, so we are going 100% private from now on with the project. Specifically, the code is being circled around assembler games. I was able to get an admin to remove the thread about it, but I wouldn't doubt it if it appears elsewhere. Any further updates to the project will be done here: https://www.facebook.com/MintCookie-Gam ... 710979801/

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

RHY3756547

Postby RHY3756547 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello, RHY3756547 from FreeSO here. This was originally posted on our forums, and raised some controversy due to some unusual technical remarks, a claim of a DCMA to a private project, and a rather suspicious set of circumstances where they apparently cannot post any proof at all.

http://forum.freeso.org/threads/rebusti ... tion.1011/

Also see here:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/ps2 ... xbl.61082/

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet... I see the owner has asked for the OBSRV source to put it in his project, which could be a reason to fake something like this. My suggestion is, don't give them anything until an actual release has occurred.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Welcome to obsrv.org, Rhys ;)

Thanks for the links, so we're all in the same boat questioning this thing until we got something more solid.

Leny

Postby Leny » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:56 pm

I signed up a long time ago for Metal Gear Solid 1 (3) online. But I got told you need to jailbreak your ps2 in order to play or emulator.

Vedita BR

Postby Vedita BR » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:14 pm

I signed up a long time ago for Metal Gear Solid 1 (3) online. But I got told you need to jailbreak your ps2 in order to play or emulator.
Soon you will need to do that for Outbreak also.

camjam

Postby camjam » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello, RHY3756547 from FreeSO here. This was originally posted on our forums, and raised some controversy due to some unusual technical remarks, a claim of a DCMA to a private project, and a rather suspicious set of circumstances where they apparently cannot post any proof at all.

http://forum.freeso.org/threads/rebusti ... tion.1011/

Also see here:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/ps2 ... xbl.61082/

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet... I see the owner has asked for the OBSRV source to put it in his project, which could be a reason to fake something like this. My suggestion is, don't give them anything until an actual release has occurred.
Read the messages I've sent. We don't want the Outbreak files at all. Stop spreading your assumptions. Its already across at least five different boards. We get it, you think its fake. Sadly that isn't the case. Can someone lock this thread now? We aren't getting anywhere.

Any more news for the project can be found at the facebook link.

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

zredgemz

Postby zredgemz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:14 am

This sounds great hope you guys can finish it.
I need to get better :C

camjam

Postby camjam » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 pm

I admit I may have been told some things that weren't correct and I am sorry: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9710979801

How embarrassing. :-[

I kind of don't want to work there anymore.

Also, to Fog, I really wasn't trying to obtain OBSRV code. At all. I respect that you want to keep it private. Its for the best interest so the community doesn't fracture.

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Just stop it already Cameron, you are embarrassing yourself enough as it is already.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

Return to “News”