Cam of course was disavowed by the group
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9710979801The link to the facebook page classyskeleton gave us posted this about 4 hours ago concerning PS2.NET and more:
We would just like to clarify a few things that we are constantly asked. Think of this as a FAQ, in light of the recent problems with a few of our employees revealing a little bit "too much" information.
1. PS2NET is in fact a real project, being worked on by our team who a few of us have former development experience with these network components. HOWEVER, lets get some things in line. PS2NET does *not* support cross game chat, achievements, psp support, dlc, etc. Whatever you may have heard from our rouge employees on forums, we can safely say they are NOT true. PS2NET is ONLY a middle-ware solution for PS2 similar to GameSpy that LAN games as well as titles we have network files for can connect using. As we stated before, the four supported titles are:
- My Street
- The Sims Bustin Out
- Cold Winter
- Burnout 3: Takedown
Additionally, this is NTSC-UC ONLY and will NOT be available elsewhere. We simply do not have the network experience or files to get these games working with copies of games from other regions. There is nothing we can do about this.
Several forums, such as Assembler Games, OBSRV and FreeSO were trolled with incorrect information. We sincerely apologize for this. The person who did this is our marketing director and was not given correct information. This is only partially his fault. This person (who shall not be named) has a bad past with several forums for trolling, harassment and other childish topics. However, we know him personally and he is different. He did not intend for this to get out of control. We apologize for his actions and it will not happen again. PS2NET is going completely private until we are ready to reveal more information, and that will not be until around late summer, to early fall. No exceptions.
2. As for Sations: Sations is still being developed, despite the PS2NET project. Sations, as before, will launch on PC, Wii U, Vita and Dreamcast. The game uses Unity3D for the major versions, while the Dreamcast version uses a lite custom built game engine that can run on the console. Sations is still a fixed angle, pre rendered background, survival horror game, similar to Capcoms Resident Evil. This project will launch in Fall 2017.
3. We mentioned a platformer video game. This game has been put on hold while we get some development priorities straight. This game has NOT started coding or initial development and has only gotten into concept. There is no guarantee it will ever be finished.
4. There is some confusion as to how we run our locations. There are TWO locations for MintCookie Games, and we collaborate via Skype and remote desktop tools. Location A is in Ashland, PA, while Location B is in Grand Rapids, MI. Location A has 8 employees, and Location B has 6 employees. Everybody but two employees have prior experience in the game industry dating back to 1989. The other two are both students, one who has shadowed employees from Insomniac Games, and has also worked with Boxer8 with the Ouya console line. While the other has experience only with indie development on Steam Greenlight and Itch.
5. Finally, there is another issue that we want to clear up. It came to our attention that our marketing director, who we mentioned prior, was accused of trying to steal the Resident Evil Outbreak online networking components developed by the team over at OBSRV. This is absolutely unacceptable and will not happen. Regardless of if he tried to or not, we will not support it and will take full measures to help prevent it.
Thank you so much for reading and we apologize for any confusion. There was alot of misconception, lies, deceit and other problems that occurred in the last week and we hope this will clear up any problems.
- Janice Ziegler, Founder
of course, I neither support nor un-support PS2.NET... if it happens it happens, if it doesnt then whatever... no use crying over spilled milk