We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

New Server and some changes

short notes for those not reading all the forums
myabsolution

New Server and some changes

Postby myabsolution » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:26 pm

For the past couple days you may have noticed that our server went down for maintenance. This is because we have now switched to a new server host. You will all have to make a new PS2 net profile, or edit the old one and change your primary DNS accordingly:

NEW PRIMARY DNS: 173.198.207.99

The new server should be fine, but if any issues arise we will do our best to fix them promptly.

On to the next bit:

Some may be asking why we have a new server? Why the switch? Well it is with some difficulty to say but it is because the_fog is passing the server and forums onto other hands, and he will no longer be the frontman of obsrv.org.

His schedule as many of you know is very busy, and he has many other priorities. He and the team discussed possible solutions as to how this migration would transpire and we have come to an agreement as to what will happen with management change. Please note, the_fog will still remain here as an admin, and still pop in from time to time to say hello and potentially fix any leaky holes we might have. This is not the last you see of him, do not worry!

So who is our new admin/owner? His name is darksc0rpius. He has worked with myself and the_fog on the Twisted Metal Black Online revival … and they work together on a couple other things as well. So they are not strangers, and I have known darksc0rpius for around 13 years. The server is in capable hands. Please give him a warm welcome, he will be more behind the scenes and making sure things run smoothly so we can keep playing just as we always have.

We want to assure you guys, nothing here will change in terms of policy or functions of website and the game. Obsrv moves forward, the same as it has for over 2 years. I think I speak for all of us in saying that this place is very special and without the work, time and energy put in by the_fog, many of us would never have experienced online Outbreak or relive old moments. I can say from personal experience this server completely eclipses anything Capcom ever achieved for Outbreak (heck we have been alive longer than NTSC/PAL File 2 servers!). So a big thank-you for getting us this far, we owe you everything.

If you have any questions we will do our best to give answers or clarify. As well, if you spot any bugs or issues, we appreciate your patience in this transition phase. Hiccups are possible, but we will do everything to get up to 110%. The mod team still remains, and I am now a full website admin, so please send me and the others your enquiries.

Thank-you for your understanding, and Bob bless you!
-obsrv.org staff
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

Herbivore

Re: New Server and some changes

Postby Herbivore » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Thank you everyone and welcome, darksc0rpius!
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:54 pm

I knew this day would eventually come where you'd either have to shut down the servers or pass on the torch. Thankfully it was the latter. Having kept the servers going for over two years you've most certainly had a good run.

Fog, thank you so much for everything you've done for both me and everyone in the community. You've gone above and beyond and not only revived the servers but improved upon it tenfold with server status pages, gamepref options, special game modes, and so on. All of which you never had to do but did so anyway. I'd also like to apologize on behalf of all the trouble makers and drama you had to deal with here. It still baffles me how people can treat you so poorly after what you've done for them by bringing these games back online. Maybe it's best to not bother trying to make sense of senseless people.

Again, thank you fog. All the friends I've made here, including you, are like family to me. Seeing you go is really difficult but I understand that life happens and sometimes you need to move on.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you around again on the forum. Take care!
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Meio

Postby Meio » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm

I have similar words as Snake. Fog deserves break from all hardwork on the servers he did on it. Wishing bests and hoping to see him anytime later soon. :mrgreen:

As for the new owner darksc0rpius, welcome! Looking forward to introduction and hope we will get along pretty well! :D

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Big thanks fog. Enjoy your more than well deserved break from this. Good luck with future endeavors buddy and do come say hi if you get the chance. I am certainly glad this place is going to keep going forward too. You guys are excellent!
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

KURO.

Postby KURO. » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks to the wonderful people with good intentions that have me run a server, I thus have been able to enjoy the online play. I am very grateful to you!!
(I'm not good at English. Since I rely on the translator, my English might be strange. But I hope that tell to you the gratitude even a little. thank you very much!)

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Bye, fog. Thanks for all the good stuff, wish you the best and that you can someday play as a regular.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Kai Hiwatarii

Postby Kai Hiwatarii » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 am

I have similar feeling as to everyone else, thank you Fog for making everyone's dreams of playing this classic game which means so much to so many of us once again possible. You sir are a saint and will never be forgotten about by any the people here at Observer.

Outbreak is so much more than a game to many of us, to myself as a kid it was my social life and still is a huge part of my social life today, I made lifetime friends through this video game and just having such a strong community of people who have all, likewise made great connections is all thanks to you and the staff which continue to hard work and keep this place alive.

I wish you the best of luck with your life and future projects you may be working on, I am sure you will have all the success you deserve.
Kai.
RE: OUTBREAK LIVE STREAM; http://www.twitch.tv/kai_hiwatarii

survivor_punk

Postby survivor_punk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:14 am

agree ^ 1000% with kai ^_^ .. btw new server runs great SO much faster its unbelievable.
"At the last possible moment I got lucky. I managed
to survive...but its not a happy ending. There
must have been another way, but its too late now." - Jim Chapman

Magpuller

Postby Magpuller » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:28 am

Thank you for everything, fog :'(

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:32 am

From the bottom of my heart XD, I personal thank fog , from all of his successful endeavors. There is nothing in the world, that is best I can thank for fog than speaking in to my heart. It has been so long I've been here, been through thick and thin, despite the real life issues I'll always be here, being friendly to others and welcoming them to the server with open arms. As always, you never seem to amaze, with little patience, of mine and yours, we establish a new server once again.

With this new and improve, it would minimize all possible issues to be rare and less priority. The best about playing online is, when you have fun and share your awesome moments with yours, and made it memorable. Shortly say, be yourself and have a grandest time of your life :D . Outbreak server is the best thing that has ever happened with me and others. So Kodus fog, for this is the greatest achievement so far.

Natsu Dragneel

Postby Natsu Dragneel » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:20 am

Thank you for everything the_fog it was a great privilege being lead by you!
Maybe soon you'll come back and have fun with us and make the moments of the past return to you and to us ,its quite nice to see the future of the obsrv.org ,and hey its all thanks to all of us here!

Welp I'll be here to support the server with all I can as well ,don't worry the_fog ,we'll be here as long as we can ,friends forever ,gamers and nurdz forever ,I guess!

I know you've done and sacrificed a lot for this server and thinkin of that makes me sad for you and thankful at the same time ,without you I couldn't have made this much more friends ,and heck I actually found the nerd I could idolize(Its Silent Hell :P !),Well we're all thankful for you the_fog ,but now its now the time for a new server and change of nature for the server to change because that's efficient for all of us to go through and it makes us better and knowing that someday one of us here may become the future itself fills me with determination!,welp this is goodbye now and if your reading this ,thank you for wasting your time :)) ,joke its quite a pleasure indeed to have you leading us this far in exchange for that ,I am thankful and will now be here to support the server! 8) (Rock n roll!). Congratz to Myabsolution for the promotion to admin!
#Killing,HelpingandDestroying 8)

Anthrax

Postby Anthrax » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 am

Thank You so much Fog for everything you've done to us & for bringing this game to life , I hope you have an enjoyable life ,we owe you so much ,good luck .

Also,welcome darksc0rpius.

darksc0rpius
Administrator

Postby darksc0rpius » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:15 pm

I just wanted to stop by and say hello to the entire community.

You probably won't see much of me around here, but rest assured I/we hope to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Now, having said that, I'm happy to be apart of this amazing community and I also love the Resident Evil games, though not all of them (the more recent ones).

Anyways, may REO live forever!

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm

I just wanted to stop by and say hello to the entire community.

You probably won't see much of me around here, but rest assured I/we hope to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Now, having said that, I'm happy to be apart of this amazing community and I also love the Resident Evil games, though not all of them (the more recent ones).

Anyways, may REO live forever!
Welcome dear sir!

Return to “News”