We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Shoutbox / chat improvements

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Shoutbox / chat improvements

Postby the_fog » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks to Alinho (again! I really need to buy you a beer sometime ...) we have some nice new features added to the chatbox:

- multilingual chat lobbies for english, japanese, portugese and spanish members. You can reach those by clicking on the flag symbol.
- private chats are now organized under the flag symbol aswell
- new status symbol indicating if a member is available, busy, away or invisible. You can change your status by clicking on the symbol left to your name

Have fun and let us know if there's something that needs to be improved or error corrected.

Mackenzie

Re: Shoutbox / chat improvements

Postby Mackenzie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 am

I like the new chat, the alternative mains with new languages. Maybe we can have more countries like german and french, I know there are some players from there too, although I forgot the total german player count. I can only name 3 right off the bat, and one is rarely active now..

Is it possible to request for an update for the private chatroom? I tried talking to an online friend and he didn't show up on my private chat even if he said he was online there and accepted my invitation. Also I think there's no notification that someone sent a message on the private rooms anymore, like before it flashes a red light as an indicator. Maybe we can have a sound to compensate for the hidden private rooms (since they are only on the dropdown and not shown below as a separate tab)? Just some suggestions for improvement. Thanks for the update by the way.
props to alinho for the gif

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:10 am

I like the new chat, the alternative mains with new languages. Maybe we can have more countries like german and french, I know there are some players from there too, although I forgot the total german player count. I can only name 3 right off the bat, and one is rarely active now..

Is it possible to request for an update for the private chatroom? I tried talking to an online friend and he didn't show up on my private chat even if he said he was online there and accepted my invitation. Also I think there's no notification that someone sent a message on the private rooms anymore, like before it flashes a red light as an indicator. Maybe we can have a sound to compensate for the hidden private rooms (since they are only on the dropdown and not shown below as a separate tab)? Just some suggestions for improvement. Thanks for the update by the way.
Chatrooms are not connected anymore, you can only stay in one. Having a bunch of chatrooms running at the same time was removed due to performance issues. If you want to have two chatrooms running at the same time, I'd suggest opening another browser tab with the chatrooms running in different tabs.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:11 am

Okay, we tried and yes it did say that when I transferred to my private chat the person I was talking to verified that I disappeared from main chat. Alright, sounds like a decent alternative, thanks for the fast response.
props to alinho for the gif

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:28 am

Ah nice, I just stumbled the latest improvements before this. Anyways, its cool but I can't find everyone's private chatbox anymore :|.

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 am

Ah nice, I just stumbled the latest improvements before this. Anyways, its cool but I can't find everyone's private chatbox anymore :|.
It's on the flag icon.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:04 pm

I love it. Gotta say that after these years, it's quite refreshing to see improvements (also mentioning the auto-login).

Now it's easier to use my gifs wooooo Image
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Swiftie Lennox

Postby Swiftie Lennox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:06 pm

i think that we could improve the sb even more by adding more Smilies , since i feel the ones we have are very limited.

My idea was to add outbreak character faces such as Cindy , Kevin etc...

Or just put more expresions , idk
ImageImageImage

Return to “News”