We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

not sure if this is any use

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Dchaps

Re: not sure if this is any use

Postby Dchaps » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:17 pm

I remember that contest on capcom unity awhile ago, i always wondered who won it aswell haha lucky son of a gun :))

camjam

Re: not sure if this is any use

Postby camjam » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:07 am

This was the actual server hardware- but wouldn't come with the software.
I'd love to give some recovery tools a chance to find leftover bits and bytes. Does anybody know about the whereabouts of this Harddisc?
I remember when this originally appeared on Capcom Unity and it was never made clear what happened. They were supposed to give the hardware away, but hardware only. I believe Sven (The community manager at the time) said the hard disks would be erased due to various reasons, mostly security for left over data (Like passwords, emails, etc) and because SNAP proprietary code would be on the disks and that was property of SEGA.

Anyways, the post got deleted and it was never made clear if Capcom actually followed through with it.

Myself, I wish someone with an HD from when Outbreak was active in the US still had the data installed on their hard drive. Perhaps maybe some server data got stored too? Who knows. Would be nice to see though.
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

Return to “News”