We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

obsrv.org goes mobile

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

obsrv.org goes mobile

Postby the_fog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Thanks to our member Alinho we now have a nice phpBB theme running that is very useful for mobile users!

You can try it out by changing the board style to "Artodia Mobile and SEO" under
"User Control Panel" -> "Board preferences" -> "global settings" -> "My board style"

Together with the "Display settings" and "mChat" settings you can have a very lean way to use the forum on your mobile. It would be possible to check for mobile users and automatically use the new theme but I decided to leave this decision to the users because nowadays mobiles have a lot of CPU power and sometimes more display pixels than some older PCs.

You can still use Tapatalk but there are some advantages to use the mobile theme:
- shoutbox is available
- server status is easily accessible
- game preferences are availabe
- no tracking by third partys

Please keep in mind that the shoutbox reloads every 15 seconds!

Also, the native android app is still in development but slowed down because real life is pretty busy atm.

Herbivore

Re: obsrv.org goes mobile

Postby Herbivore » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Talk about fast service. I was going to ask for this yesterday on the chatbox yet I remained silent. You're mind readers.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Wow this is awesome ;) Thanks to everyone involved
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Mimi

Postby Mimi » Fri May 29, 2015 2:21 am

For some reason I can't access the server status from the mobile page. where is it exactly, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:45 am

For some reason I can't access the server status from the mobile page. where is it exactly, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.
Expansion bars. The top left, the little blue bars next to "? FAQs"

Mimi

Postby Mimi » Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Expansion bars. The top left, the little blue bars next to "? FAQs"
That's where they are. thank you!!! Now I can see when my room fills up from my padio upstairs! Thank you so much!

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 pm

to nice to have that :)

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:08 am

Thanks to our member Alinho we now have a nice phpBB theme running that is very useful for mobile users!

You can try it out by changing the board style to "Artodia Mobile and SEO" under
"User Control Panel" -> "Board preferences" -> "global settings" -> "My board style"

Together with the "Display settings" and "mChat" settings you can have a very lean way to use the forum on your mobile. It would be possible to check for mobile users and automatically use the new theme but I decided to leave this decision to the users because nowadays mobiles have a lot of CPU power and sometimes more display pixels than some older PCs.

You can still use Tapatalk but there are some advantages to use the mobile theme:
- shoutbox is available
- server status is easily accessible
- game preferences are availabe
- no tracking by third partys

Please keep in mind that the shoutbox reloads every 15 seconds!

Also, the native android app is still in development but slowed down because real life is pretty busy atm.
Excuse me, the shoutbox is gone after changing my board style after going back to the main lobby.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Looks like I have to update this thread:

- the mobile theme has been deleted after we moved to a newer Version of phpBB3
- Tapatalk has been deleted, too. I wasn't sure about security and privacy and recent press Shows I was right
- the Android app was based on the tapatalk plugin and has been disbanded. If someone wants to have the source code for his sown researches or as a basis for another Forum with tapatalk, drop me a PM

Return to “News”