We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

SNAP - Who needs packet captures anyway ...

short notes for those not reading all the forums
alinhoalisson

Re: SNAP - Who needs packet captures anyway ...

Postby alinhoalisson » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Funny thing is though...I hated File 2 on American Servers not being able to hear my character adlib drove me to insanity and quit and go right back to file 1. Even if patches were out to get them to have the adlibs i have no way of getting it onto my ps2 =/
I've heard somewhere people found File 2's acting annoying and wished to remove it. It makes sense in a context, I mean, the characters don't say anything other than "Hey! Hey you! Huh? Are you alright? Let's go! Oh poo!".
Little corner of light, my castle of clouds.
Where you're never alone, and everything's less painful.
Little corner of light, it's my home, it's my family.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Funny thing is though...I hated File 2 on American Servers not being able to hear my character adlib drove me to insanity and quit and go right back to file 1. Even if patches were out to get them to have the adlibs i have no way of getting it onto my ps2 =/
I've heard somewhere people found File 2's acting annoying and wished to remove it. It makes sense in a context, I mean, the characters don't say anything other than "Hey! Hey you! Huh? Are you alright? Let's go! Oh poo!".
Sucks to be them. The ad libs were the best. The game is just too quiet/boring otherwise.

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 pm

What actually happened was that File 1 released in North America, and pretty much every single gaming press/reviewer said that ad lib spam was annoying and stupid and wrecked the game.

So for File 2 they released the game in NA, kept the ad libs, but removed the audio.

So if anything File 1 is one with the annoying ad libs because it ensured F2 didnt have any. :))
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

Mesmeric Rose

Postby Mesmeric Rose » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 pm

What actually happened was that File 1 released in North America, and pretty much every single gaming press/reviewer said that ad lib spam was annoying and stupid and wrecked the game.

So for File 2 they released the game in NA, kept the ad libs, but removed the audio.

So if anything File 1 is one with the annoying ad libs because it ensured F2 didnt have any. :))
Which was terrible because how am I suppose to know if anyone is near me? You cant tell at all. The text pops up and people die, "oops I couldnt hear you, not my fault you died" XD I want the Adlibs I dont want silent text cause then i cant tell if someones dying or not

Serpico211

Postby Serpico211 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 pm

So on my NA version outbreak file 2, I get a D903 error at the screen after my DNAS passes it's check. I take it that there's no way around this right?

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 am

The NA servers are not live, and we have not emulated them. Fog is just sharing some preliminary progress to achieving that possible future.
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 am

It should be possible to mod the US version to get the ad lib sounds back and have the perfect version then right?

Via Tapatalk
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 am

It should be possible to mod the US version to get the ad lib sounds back and have the perfect version then right?

Via Tapatalk
Hell, I could make the patch in 5 seconds. Refan used the English ad libs and basically fixed them for the translation patch so right now, it's just a simple port job.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:37 am

Via Tapatalk
Technically the Japanese server has a few perks that the NA server doesn't, such as the ability to send PMs and have multiple screennames. However, this a hardly important anyway.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

deadwalking12345

Postby deadwalking12345 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:17 am

hopefully! Im looking to get a new computer =/ I used to have 1TB of memory but after it crashed i got my computer back and now only have 25mb XD

Maan that sucks :'(

On a side note: if you do decide to use the disk method, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't use Memorex. Not sure if its just my ps2 (although ps2 has no trouble reading any other disks) but whenever i tried to use a memorex disk, the thing went crazy in the disk tray and loaded VERY slowly. Almost 15 minutes of load time to get to the main menu. Again, not sure if its just me but I would suggest using a little extra money for better disks.

HN: DeadW
ID: H0ISKE

Device: US PS2 with Free MCBoot installed on memory card
running OB on a 8gb Cruzer Glide USB

Jake_Wade

Postby Jake_Wade » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 pm

WoW i cant imagine File 2 with no ad-lib audio

Eventhough File 1 had terrible voice acting i'd rather hear that than nothing.So if we switch to SNAP i will definitely patch the game

How to play Resident Evil Outbreak Online using PCSX2 emulator:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1939

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

WoW i cant imagine File 2 with no ad-lib audio

Eventhough File 1 had terrible voice acting i'd rather hear that than nothing.So if we switch to SNAP i will definitely patch the game
Terrible voice acting? That's subjective.

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:03 pm

VERY subjective

Via Tapatalk
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 pm

If USA File 2 gets revived, I will release a patch that enables adlibs, for anyone who's worried about the lack of voice adlibs.
Good to hear, no way am I playing without my file 1 adlibs modded into File 2.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

wictorious

Postby wictorious » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:36 am

Technically the Japanese server has a few perks that the NA server doesn't, such as the ability to send PMs and have multiple screennames. However, this a hardly important anyway.
Touching on that; the funny thing is that the original Capcom servers for NA didn't regulate how many usernames you could have per email account, nor did creating an account require confirmation... so people could keep creating as many usernames as they wanted. It was pretty hilariously broken. So broken, might I add, that several people could be logged on to the same username at once and they would not be booted from the lobby/game.

I know that Fog would probably have to implement a different system. Probably the same one that he's got now... which would kind of blow butts since yeah -- one username due to SNAP not being as hi-tech as KDDI. Oh wells. It'll keep me from having my ever-so-often name-change crisis where I have some new stupid username for fun.
HN: Wictoriously || ID: DOCTOR

Return to “News”