We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

A new start - hopefully

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

A new start - hopefully

Postby the_fog » Fri May 30, 2014 9:36 pm

After some dicussions between the moderators of this forum and gameserver we finally came to an agreement:

Within the next hours we will take back ALL bans we ever made on this forum. This includes simple username bans, eMail bans, IP bans and IP range bans.
This means everyone will be able to login from their home IP with their original username again.

We are aware of the fact that this is a double sided sword. Some will be glad about the new chance they are given and will use it wisely. Some will fall back to their old ways and start drama here. It should be clear to every formerly banned member that you are on probation and not every member supports this idea.
Of course moderators won't warn or ban without a reason but we won't accept the old drama scenes coming back. Again, we're all here to have fun and not to fight each other.

We believe in the community. If we moderators can make a cut and try a new start, you can do it, too. Give those who are coming back for good a real chance. For all others you can use your personal banlist and the mediation forum or contact a moderator.

At the same time moderators are given extended rights in user management. We also put our time consuming voting process on hold. Every moderator can now react faster without talking to the other mods beforehand.

The connection between forum account and gameserver account remains. If someone happens to be banned for violation of the server rules or the forum rules he/she won't be able to use the forum or play the game.

More about banning can be found on the wiki.

the_fog Isles487 Anomaladox myabsolution

leotreves

Re: A new start - hopefully

Postby leotreves » Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 pm

I hope people make good use of this second (third or more for some) chance ;)
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

GK1294

Postby GK1294 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:57 pm

I have to agree with you, Leo. I'll be more than glad to see Dchaps and Oreo back on the game, though!
HN: GreenKnight
ID: S1DY4F
HN: Peelzman
ID: FVD50A

Dchapz

Postby Dchapz » Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Wow awesome, i didnt expect to get my old account back either, im speechless !
thanks alot fog im going to be very selective with who i play with for obvious reasons.
sure i could play before, but its not the same really and made me lose alot of interest
thanks alot

Hunk_4TH

Postby Hunk_4TH » Fri May 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Dchaps I'll be more than happy to play with you again sometime if you want? I probably won't play as much as I used to though..

Fog, I appreciate you doing this as I'm sure a lot others will as well! So I tip my hat to you guys! :)

Wonchsmonk

Postby Wonchsmonk » Fri May 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Great choice fog, im glad some people are coming back. And with the second chance im sure things will get back to normal and everyone can play together and enjoy themselves :)
[align=center]HN: Wonchie
Primary: PCSX2 1.1.0.5730 Secondary: Fat ps2 with HDloader
File #1 and File #2: Silent Hell/REFan988's patch

Image Image[/align]

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Fri May 30, 2014 10:53 pm

I never thought i would log onto this account again xD
thanks again fog

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm glad this decision was made. Welcome back, everyone. You're all welcome to play with me in my games. 8)
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Limey

Postby Limey » Sat May 31, 2014 2:31 am

It's simple as being mature! I hope people learn to be less inconsiderate and disrespectful, sincerely so, and know how frail of an opportunity this is; that they have taken the time away to contemplate improvement - care to maintain this community and the server that supports it. There is no need to be brutally competitive or ruthlessly achieve much here, socially or in the servers - we simply have to coexist harmoniously for the shared enjoyment of a precious experience, positive as fun without any stressful antagonism or unnecessary drama which is against all anyone civilized should want.
Visit The Yurei Discord, horror fans: https://discord.gg/jkAq6Yk

Mesmeric Rose

Postby Mesmeric Rose » Sat May 31, 2014 3:01 am

Thank you Fog for being that one gentleman who can make such a difficult decision. I hope everyone who was banned can learn from this and we can all come together as a community :)

Welcome back all that were banned :)

White-Rose

Postby White-Rose » Sat May 31, 2014 3:03 am

I don't come on often enough to know who has been banned and for what reasons. But with a new start for everyone I hope people feel better and things start looking up for the best :-3

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 am

If nothing else, dchapz can continue posting his camera/health monitor/hacking projects

Via Tapatalk
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

bifem

Postby bifem » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 am

well i think this was a good choice.maybe everyone can band together and strengthen the community a bit, lets see how it plays out

Return to “News”