We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Removal of self-pics and facebook contacts

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Removal of self-pics and facebook contacts

Postby the_fog » Thu May 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Due to the recent growth of conflicts and what some people would call cyber-bullying I removed the self-pic and facebook contact threads.

This step has been taken to protect the innocents.

Personally, I think that this is a sad step because it shows that a few people managed to unsettle the trust that has been built within the community.

Jake_Wade

Re: Removal of self-pics and facebook contacts

Postby Jake_Wade » Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

I think it was not needed

If someone post a picture about himself/herself then thats his own responsibility.The person should expect that others can make fun of his/her picture etc

Every community has drama/conflicts,even a little community like this.Some communities have way worse beefs,i have been in more communities so i know what im talking about

Im not saying that it's alright but we should not be surprised about it,we are humans and even good people can have conflict with eachothers

How to play Resident Evil Outbreak Online using PCSX2 emulator:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1939

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu May 22, 2014 8:25 pm

In the last few days I received alone three request for removal of personal pics because of all the drama that is going on. Moderation in this context means to take those concerns serious and react. It may be seen as a drastic step but it's better than finding the pictures in some ugly photoshopped condition or in a disgusting video.

Mesmeric Rose

Postby Mesmeric Rose » Thu May 22, 2014 8:54 pm

In the last few days I received alone three request for removal of personal pics because of all the drama that is going on. Moderation in this context means to take those concerns serious and react. It may be seen as a drastic step but it's better than finding the pictures in some ugly photoshopped condition or in a disgusting video.
I can understand that and I find that respectable. Protecting the people of this community is very admirable! I commend you on that Fog. Thank you.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu May 22, 2014 9:32 pm

The community is so small and we're all we've got to enjoy this unique beauty in a world of mass production **** formulaic games. Outbreak only compares to the splendor of THANATOS, it's a MASTERPIECE. It's sad so many players can't behave causing extra work for Fog and everyone.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

alinhoalisson

Postby alinhoalisson » Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 pm

it's better than finding the pictures in some ugly photoshopped condition or in a disgusting video.
I have a feeling this has to do with the video I posted.
Sorry, but that video wasn't about this community at all.

It was about a personal website I have, which doesn't even have anything to do with Outbreak.
Little corner of light, my castle of clouds.
Where you're never alone, and everything's less painful.
Little corner of light, it's my home, it's my family.

Wonchsmonk

Postby Wonchsmonk » Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Good call ,fog. Thats prolly the best approach. It sucks a few bad eggs ruin an otherwise amazing community. Everyone is happy and enjoying themselves until these diaper babies come and bring their soiled selves and ruin it for everyone
[align=center]HN: Wonchie
Primary: PCSX2 1.1.0.5730 Secondary: Fat ps2 with HDloader
File #1 and File #2: Silent Hell/REFan988's patch

Image Image[/align]

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu May 22, 2014 9:58 pm

it's better than finding the pictures in some ugly photoshopped condition or in a disgusting video.
I have a feeling this has to do with the video I posted.
Sorry, but that video wasn't about this community at all.

It was about a personal website I have, which doesn't even have anything to do with Outbreak.
Don't worry, I didn't even know about your video ;) I just meant the abuse of pictures and contact data in general.

VirusPunk

Postby VirusPunk » Fri May 23, 2014 4:39 am

It probably has to do with the article I wrote about four individuals on this very board who started it by attacking mine and Hunk's appearances, funny how no one here seems to mention how they are the ones that keep starting drama here and started resorting to personal insults. They even attacked Paradigm's looks on here in the chat, someone that has nothing to do with any of the drama. Most specifically how they keep calling Hunk "fat", which is far from true. And even if it was, who are they to talk shit when they look the way they do? Lynchy and Cody both look like skinny little runts between 110-120 pounds yet they call someone "fat"? The article was more or less meant to be funny, but I guess people on this board are too paranoid and take things too seriously. I have no reason to defame anyone else here but the people that deserve it, they posted their pics here so it's their own problem and fault it came to this.

Just be glad I wrote an article on a free site and didn't post it on 4chan or Encyclopedia Dramatica, for the whole world to see.

Also Outbreak is more serious than tr00 l1fe brahs.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Fri May 23, 2014 7:01 am

...they posted their pics here so it's their own problem and fault it came to this.
No, it isn't. You are not allowed to use photographs of people without their permission.

KingofObsrv

Postby KingofObsrv » Fri May 23, 2014 7:25 am

...they posted their pics here so it's their own problem and fault it came to this.
No, it isn't. You are not allowed to use photographs of people without their permission.
They did the same for me. So guess if I delete the article soon enough I can contact a lawyer and have an actual case against them? Hell, I was just joking about that actually. Lynchy voluntarily sent me some pictures to add to the article so I guess he gave me permission at least. I'm not the one typing their names in Google and stalking their pages to get their pics, they either voluntarily sent it or I took it from here.

By the way, Capcom is well aware of this server, dev_ghostline. Hopefully you'll be hearing from them very soon as I know Capcom has sent you a cease and desist letter once before. :)

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Fri May 23, 2014 7:35 am

They did the same for me. So guess if I delete the article soon enough I can contact a lawyer and have an actual case against them? Hell, I was just joking about that actually. Lynchy voluntarily sent me some pictures to add to the article so I guess he gave me permission at least. :P

By the way, Capcom is well aware of this server, dev_ghostline. Hopefully you'll be hearing from them very soon as I know Capcom has sent you a cease and desist letter once before. :)
:)) You can't be more far from truth ...

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 am

It sucks that things have come to this. Fighting over a game has no justifications whatsoever. To think this used to be such a nice place...
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Carcinogen

Postby Carcinogen » Fri May 23, 2014 9:33 am

Bye, VirusPunk!

Elaine Blitz

Postby Elaine Blitz » Fri May 23, 2014 10:14 am