We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

how to unlock half-width character

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Isles487

Re: how to unlock half-width character

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:03 pm

We have to make sure this patch does not break interaction with unaltered/unpatched games. If it works like intended it should be added to the translation patch imho.

This is good work btw. Thank you for sharing!
I did some testing between my emulator and PS2 - I used a game without the Half-width hex edits on the PS2, and with them on the PCSX2. I didn't have any problems in either File 1 or File 2:

-Sending private messages
-Sending mixed messages from the hex-edited game (half-width and full width) in either private message, lobby chat, or in-game chat
-Joining games from either console, with half-width or full-width names
-Joining games that are password protected: although people creating games are going to need to keep in mind that people without the half-width hex edits won't be able to join your password protected games unless you make sure to create the password in full-width mode

Seems to me to work perfectly - if anyone else wants to help confirm?

alinho

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:06 pm

We have to make sure this patch does not break interaction with unaltered/unpatched games. If it works like intended it should be added to the translation patch imho.

I did some testing between my emulator and PS2 - I used a game without the Half-width hex edits on the PS2, and with them on the PCSX2. I didn't have any problems in either File 1 or File 2:

-Sending mixed messages from the hex-edited game (half-width and full width) in either private message, lobby chat, or in-game chat
-Joining games that are password protected: although people creating games are going to need to keep in mind that people without the half-width hex edits won't be able to join your password protected games unless you make sure to create the password in full-width mode

Also tested it both emulator and PS2 wide, works perfectly aside from the losing text glitch, but that's normal of the Japanese version. Also happens with text-heavy in-game files sometimes, but nothing that makes the player's/team's game crash.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Also tested it both emulator and PS2 wide, works perfectly aside from the losing text glitch, but that's normal of the Japanese version. Also happens with text-heavy in-game files sometimes, but nothing that makes the player's/team's game crash.
Awesome, thanks. I think this is totally on track to be incorporated into the the translation patch, so we can get as many people as possible on board with it. We'd probably still prefer for patches not to be posted here, but of course if you wanted to release your own Delta patch elsewhere, either in coordination with the translation or independently, and post the link here, that'd be fine.

alinho

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Awesome, thanks. I think this is totally on track to be incorporated into the the translation patch, so we can get as many people as possible on board with it. We'd probably still prefer for patches not to be posted here, but of course if you wanted to release your own Delta patch elsewhere, either in coordination with the translation or independently, and post the link here, that'd be fine.
Better not, if someone wants the patch, they can PM me.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Wanwei1116

Postby Wanwei1116 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Bad news,our country will block ports 80,8080 and 443, :evil:

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:09 pm

I told Stuntman to put it in the fan translation but he's laaaaaaaaazy.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:17 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous. I went here to read about it: https://www.networkworld.com/article/32 ... an-11.html

I really resent any efforts by governmental and non-governmental organizations to restrict any part of the internet that's not causing harm to anyone. Which is why the recent repeal of net-neutrality rules here depresses me (although the fight isn't over, and we're not going to let Ajit Pai, Verizon, and politicians here get away with it so easily). The fight isn't over yet.

alinho

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:43 pm

I can PM you the patches already combined with the fan translation.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

alinho

Postby alinho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Port 80 and 443 are HTTP and HTTPS, respectively.
Your country is blocking the whole internet?!
PS2 FAT HDD Player

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm

I wanted to do adequate testing first before hastily adding it in. By the looks of things, it seems to be working without any major issues.

I’ll update the patches over at resouttrans and include this new addition. I will also include a disclaimer about password locked games so nobody runs into any problems.

Thanks again, Wanwei!
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Wanwei1116

Postby Wanwei1116 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 am

I wanted to do adequate testing first before hastily adding it in. By the looks of things, it seems to be working without any major issues.

I’ll update the patches over at resouttrans and include this new addition. I will also include a disclaimer about password locked games so nobody runs into any problems.

Thanks again, Wanwei!
Thanks too, I'm doing translate work for Chinese, only SP item and Ad-lib

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous. I went here to read about it: https://www.networkworld.com/article/32 ... an-11.html
This is so fucking stupid. Why does a country effortlessly makes itself less appealing and inviting to the whole world? Seriously, I'd never set foot on China the way it is.
I really resent any efforts by governmental and non-governmental organizations to restrict any part of the internet that's not causing harm to anyone. Which is why the recent repeal of net-neutrality rules here depresses me (although the fight isn't over, and we're not going to let Ajit Pai, Verizon, and politicians here get away with it so easily). The fight isn't over yet.
IKR. The world is going back to what we used to see in history books: even more lame, censored and filled with rights deprivation and constant abuse of power to make people's lives miserable. It's scary to think that we could go back to this age in the blink of an eye.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

nunes

Postby nunes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

Wow, these thin letters are awesome!

Though it was a fun gag naming rooms from words of the ready-made EASY, NORMAL, HARD and SP. :D
I'm glad I won't need them anymore.
HN: Blitzkrieg || ID: ROMMEL

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 am

I'd like to try this one too : D

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 am

Yay I got it to work with little effort
File 1
File 2
It works with private messages too! And in entering the ID for a private message.

Oh and using this patch, users can now create their own half-width IDs in the ID select screen!
How? I can still edit only HN :(

Return to “News”